P0014 P0017 P0480

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
hi , i got this 3 codes , is there any relation between the fan clutch and the other codes ?
i remember a post by roadie " i think" about fan clutch speed signal can effect other sensor readings but i cant found it

or should i seperate the codes ?
because they set at one time

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No, the P0480 is unrelated to the other two. You're thinking of the throttle system, which is on the same 5V reference line as the fan.

For the cam codes, check the CPAS for oil in the connector and replace if it's defective. Sometimes it can be just dirty with junk on the screens but at this point it might be worth it to just put a new one since you have to remove the power steering pump. Clear the codes and recheck.

For the P0480, try swapping the fan relay (aka: module) with the one for the headlights. If the headlights still work and the fan code returns after clearing, check the wiring at the clutch as it is notorious for breaking.

The ultimate fix would be to swap the clutch out to a thermal type as per that thread.

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
OMG - how stupid iam , i start diagnosing but without testing the fuse , it was blown , fuse no 20 underhood , now no more p0480 but still have the P0014 P0017
i will flush the engine oil and clean the cpas , i will try

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
There's a reason why the fuse blew. More than likely the wiring in the clutch, as shown in the pic in that other thread, are broken and blowing the fuse. Fuses don't blow for no reason.

Reactions: yazan

yazan

Original poster
Jul 11, 2013
There's a reason why the fuse blew. More than likely the wiring in the clutch, as shown in the pic in that other thread, are broken and blowing the fuse. Fuses don't blow for no reason.
sure , its my mistake , i made a switch in the cab to control the fan clutch between PCM control or full 12v signal to use in some times and special conditions when needed , the switch wiring was damaged ander the plastic and shorted to ground , that way the fuse was blown

fixed

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Just so you know, @TJBaker57 had experimented with applying full 12v to the fan clutch and burned out a couple of them.

Reactions: budwich and yazan

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online