P/S Pumps

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
What is the difference between the p/s pumps for the standard wheelbase and the EXT/XL models? I am trying to find one for my EXT with the reservoir (that is what is actually broken). The only ones I have found for the longer wheelbase come without the reservoir. Thanks!

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
I looked at the O'Reilly's one, they are one of two local parts stores I have. In the listing, it says "Standard Wheelbase" and when I do a search for the same part for the same year, just not an EXT, it is the same part number.

I guess what I need to know is, will it work?

I can get just the reservoir from GM parts direct, but I figured why not replace the pump since it is out.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
The pumps are the same. The only difference is in the pulley size. I seem to recall I read a thread discussing pressure relief valves, but I hate to say I'm running out the door and can't search right now.

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
I didn't even see that on the Oreilly one, I put in EXT and that came up. I guess call and ask if there is a difference.

ramrod919

Original poster
Sep 4, 2012
I may just pull the old one off and take it in to compare, side by side. That will save the core charge, too.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
ramrod919 said:
I may just pull the old one off and take it in to compare, side by side. That will save the core charge, too.

I don't believe you'll be able to see a difference in the relief valves just by looking.

McGMT

Jun 17, 2012
the roadie said:
The pumps are the same. The only difference is in the pulley size. I seem to recall I read a thread discussing pressure relief valves, but I hate to say I'm running out the door and can't search right now.

This just brought the picture of roadie running out the door with his keyboard strapped on like a guitar...

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
I changed my PS pump a while ago.

I checked with my supplier on the net, and they sell the pump without reservoir and pulley and even then it only fits the EXT model.

So i think it must be some other kind of difference between the Swb and Lwb models.:undecided:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online