overhead console - mystery button

rtliquid

Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Any idea what this button is/does? I can't find it documented anywhere.

Attachments

• tb-button.jpg
    tb-button.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 34

rtliquid

Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
Sorry, I should have mentioned that it's my newly acquired '04 Trailblazer. The only aftermarket mods that I'm aware of are a Sony stereo and a power brake booster.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the Nation! :tiphat:

That's doesn't look like factory installed. Have you tried it? Maybe something the previous owner added to operate something he has taken off.

rtliquid

Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
I've tried it and don't hear or notice anything happening. It did just occur to me that I have 2 roof antennae. Maybe it's for a power antenna. hmmm ..... I'll hafta try that.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you open the sunglasses holder, there's 2 small torx bit screws in the corners holding it up. In the front by the Homelink and memo modules, it's held in by clips. I'd say pull the console down and have a peek at what's going on up there, then you'll have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

And of course post pics, cuz we wanna see too! :biggrin:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah that doesn't look factory. Take a peek and let us know. I'm curious!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
If you have OnStar in the vehicle you will have 2 antennas up there.

rtliquid

Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
I don't have any Onstar controls or markings on my rear view mirror, so I'm guessing I don't have it. There's a member over on trailvoy who supplies build sheets / options lists for vehicles if you supply the VIN, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You likely won't hear back from him any time soon. Trailvoy is just a library for reference, most of us came from there. Take a pic of things and we can try to help.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I've seen some VIN decoder things online that may give you that info.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Would it have something to do with this?

Attachments

• gmt3.jpg
    gmt3.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 30

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
gmcman said:
Would it have something to do with this?

Mounce said:
Probably not, thing to the left is a microphone for making calls through an aftermarket Bluetooth enabled radio.
If it has anything to do with an aftermarket radio then it will make some kind of noise. Kenwood DNX9140 i have has voice recognition. Press the request button and it prompts you to say a command.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Valet button for remote start? Puts a hit out on anyone named jimmy?

Is it toggle or momentary push?

rtliquid

Original poster
Aug 6, 2015
I have a sony aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and smartphone interoperability, etc. I just can't see where it does anything. It doesn't make any beep/sound/signal. I've tried speaking a voice command during/after pushing it. It's a momentary - not latching.

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Previous owner could've had air horns and it activated them... I agree, trace it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online