overhead console - mystery button

OP
OP
R

rtliquid

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it's my newly acquired '04 Trailblazer. The only aftermarket mods that I'm aware of are a Sony stereo and a power brake booster.

Mooseman

Welcome to the Nation! :tiphat:

That's doesn't look like factory installed. Have you tried it? Maybe something the previous owner added to operate something he has taken off.

OP
OP
R

rtliquid

I've tried it and don't hear or notice anything happening. It did just occur to me that I have 2 roof antennae. Maybe it's for a power antenna. hmmm ..... I'll hafta try that.

Blckshdw

If you open the sunglasses holder, there's 2 small torx bit screws in the corners holding it up. In the front by the Homelink and memo modules, it's held in by clips. I'd say pull the console down and have a peek at what's going on up there, then you'll have a better idea of what you're dealing with.

And of course post pics, cuz we wanna see too! :biggrin:

Sparky

Yeah that doesn't look factory. Take a peek and let us know. I'm curious!

OP
OP
R

rtliquid

I don't have any Onstar controls or markings on my rear view mirror, so I'm guessing I don't have it. There's a member over on trailvoy who supplies build sheets / options lists for vehicles if you supply the VIN, but I haven't heard back from him yet.

djthumper

Administrator
You likely won't hear back from him any time soon. Trailvoy is just a library for reference, most of us came from there. Take a pic of things and we can try to help.

Sparky

I've seen some VIN decoder things online that may give you that info.

Mounce

Probably not, thing to the left is a microphone for making calls through an aftermarket Bluetooth enabled radio.

DAlastDON

gmcman said:
Would it have something to do with this?
Mounce said:
Probably not, thing to the left is a microphone for making calls through an aftermarket Bluetooth enabled radio.
If it has anything to do with an aftermarket radio then it will make some kind of noise. Kenwood DNX9140 i have has voice recognition. Press the request button and it prompts you to say a command.

littleblazer

Gold Supporter
Valet button for remote start? Puts a hit out on anyone named jimmy?

Is it toggle or momentary push?

OP
OP
R

rtliquid

I have a sony aftermarket stereo with bluetooth and smartphone interoperability, etc. I just can't see where it does anything. It doesn't make any beep/sound/signal. I've tried speaking a voice command during/after pushing it. It's a momentary - not latching.

littleblazer

Gold Supporter
Previous owner could've had air horns and it activated them... I agree, trace it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members
Latest member
Rob65