Outrageous boat....

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Took our daily fast walk at Buffalo's outer harbor today and couldn't believe the five 450 HP racing outboards on this thing. How does the transom even support the weight not to mention the thrust?
This is owned by some Canadian guy who apparently has a lot of money and a very small penis.IMG_3440.JPGIMG_3436.JPG

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
1650 swap coming soon. :rotfl:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is owned by some Canadian guy who apparently has a lot of money and a very small penis.

Nah, we just do.that because we're crazy!
:laugh::ugh:

Reactions: northcreek

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I know! He's bringing spare parts. :dielaugh:

Seriously, I think I would've gone with a marine LS motor. Similar or less weight, less complexity, similar power. But less 'bling'.

I'm ignorant with boats - how do multi-engine boats like this link together to put the power down?
Guessing he might not always want (or be able) to run all engines at once. How does that happen?

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I can only imagine what this thing sounds like at full throttle being that those are five, four stroke blown V8's....:jawdrop2:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I can only imagine what this thing sounds like at full throttle being that those are five, four stroke blown V8's....:jawdrop2:

Wow...I am ignorant. Didn't realize those were V8 motors.
Someone *is* compensating...LMAO

Reactions: northcreek

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I know! He's bringing spare parts. :dielaugh:

Seriously, I think I would've gone with a marine LS motor. Similar or less weight, less complexity, similar power. But less 'bling'.

I'm ignorant with boats - how do multi-engine boats like this link together to put the power down?
Guessing he might not always want (or be able) to run all engines at once. How does that happen?
You can run them independent in most cases. That thing is probably heavy enough where you would want atleast 2 running.

And anything mercury racing builds (be it I/O or outboards) is way ahead of the LS. :tongue: well except that DOHC ls7 they designed. Their twin turbo race stuff makes 1700+ and runs on pump gas... its freaking magic.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Out here, there's an island bar that sponsors boat races every weekend during the summer. Real high HP stuff, like you describe.

Maybe one of these days I'll pop over and snap a few pics / film a couple of passes (and ignore the snickers / laughs of the twenty-somethings who fraternize said island bar)

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online