Our name under the Avatar

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Is there anyway we can get our name where our truck info is under our avatar? I happen to notice that ssowners site has that and I kind of liked that! It gets people on here to learn some names and refer to each other that way too. After all we are a big family in a way right :thumbsup: what is a family without knowing names. Just thought I would throw that out there and I understand it can start to make that info section pretty long but one thing you can do if you want is have a dot or something next our name with a grey for offline or green for online. I mean there is room there and would be cool to have that.

Thanks, Sam

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Is there anyway we can get our name where our truck info is under our avatar? I happen to notice that ssowners site has that and I kind of liked that! It gets people on here to learn some names and refer to each other that way too. After all we are a big family in a way right :thumbsup: what is a family without knowing names. Just thought I would throw that out there and I understand it can start to make that info section pretty long but one thing you can do if you want is have a dot or something next our name with a grey for offline or green for online. I mean there is room there and would be cool to have that.

Thanks, Sam

The signature area would be a good spot to put a name for those that want to do that. Just a thought.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i know what you mean Sam.. and i think thats a great idea... its alot easier knowing someones name or say you forget to quote the post, but you can say "yea Sam, i know what you mean".. and you'll know im talkin to you...

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
But what happens if you have two people named Sam post above you with two opposite opinions? :raspberry:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
The signature area would be a good spot to put a name for those that want to do that. Just a thought.

Most people like to use that space for other things

Boricua SS said:
i know what you mean Sam.. and i think thats a great idea... its alot easier knowing someones name or say you forget to quote the post, but you can say "yea Sam, i know what you mean".. and you'll know im talkin to you...

I think it would be nice and easier also! Maybe the mods can do something like this or think about it? Would be cool and nice to have for those who want to put it there

Sparky said:
But what happens if you have two people named Sam post above you with two opposite opinions? :raspberry:

Sam Shift + 9 ...ItsOnVoy...Shift + 0 :raspberry::tongue: lol

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
but you can say "yea Sam, i know what you mean".. and you'll know im talkin to you...
Not necessarily. :nono:

:raspberry:

Sparky said:
There can't be more than one person with a goofy name like that. Right? :rotfl:

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
How about everyone crazy enough to be named Sam goes by a number system? Sam 1 Sam 2?

It worked for these guys :rotfl:

62169be9-6dec-2b91.jpg

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
07 TB RIDER said:
How about everyone crazy enough to be named Sam goes by a number system? Sam 1 Sam 2?

It worked for these guys :rotfl:

62169be9-6dec-2b91.jpg

I call dibs on Sam 1 :biggrin:

Or he can be called SamSS lol or if you want you can pass your SS to me and Ill take SamSS :biggrin::rotfl:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
One of you could be Sam-I-Am and eat some green eggs and ham :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
One of you could be Sam-I-Am and eat some green eggs and ham :biggrin:

Or Sam the man who always has a plan lol

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I call dibs on Sam 1 :biggrin:
Age (youth) before beauty, right? :raspberry:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
While I probably won't use it, I'll toss a vote in for the idea.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i would use it

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I like to use my screen name "Denali n DOO" throughout the forums, but I use my real name in pm's, email and in person. That's just me though...

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
I think the biggest benefit would be when attending meets. It would be nice to already know first names that go with usernames before you even get there. Especially for those of us who are terrible with names anyway. :redface:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
I think the biggest benefit would be when attending meets. It would be nice to already know first names that go with usernames before you even get there. Especially for those of us who are terrible with names anyway. :redface:

:iagree: that is another plus too.

so Mods what do you say can we get a feature like this added on possibly?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I think there is enough stuff under the avatar. I also would rather not have my name posted there.

you don't have to post it there if you dont want, just have it as an option to have if you would like people to refer to you by your name. Not everyone fills out there truck info, same idea dont have to put your name there

HARDTRAILZ said:
Already been a thread on this as well....

In fact you posted in it and still started this one.

http://gmtnation.com/f7/place-profile-real-names-320/

I looked to see if there was already one and didn't see it so that is why I started this one! Must have missed it

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Yep, I still want this feature. TBSSOwners.com and a few other forums Im a member on have it. I keep my name in my sig currently, but it wastes space and I have too many mods and cant list them! :rotfl:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I think there is enough stuff under the avatar. I also would rather not have my name posted there.

I agree, and I know it will be optional but just saying
Like the game This or That, which sounds better??? Pick one.

Denali n DOO agrees with Hardtrailz's post and then there's Harmless's opinion.
Or
George agrees with Bob's post and then there's Harry's opinion.

To me our fun names are exactly that...FUN! I'm surprised a poll hasn't been started on this topic yet!

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Due to a broken finger, I am not able to do any coding at the moment. It's hard (and slow) enough just trying to type without using that hand.

I'll look into making this an option for members that want to display their real names under their avatar in the near future.

JEvans

Aug 6, 2012
it seems obvious to place our id under the Avatar rather than under the owners car !

je:thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Jman423 said:
Due to a broken finger, I am not able to do any coding at the moment. It's hard (and slow) enough just trying to type without using that hand.

I'll look into making this an option for members that want to display their real names under their avatar in the near future.

Sorry to hear about the finger. Hopefully it heals quickly! Thanks that would be nice to have there for those who would like to use it later on

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Sorry to hear about the finger. Hopefully it heals quickly! Thanks that would be nice to have there for those who would like to use it later on

I wonder if we could have a spot on there for nick names too :rotfl: ...

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
Denali n DOO agrees with Hardtrailz's post and then there's Harmless's opinion.

I replied to this thread?!? Where?! I don't recall soiling this thread with my nonsense!! :crazy:

Jman423 said:

I know how our favorite Admin broke his finger... :poke:

He kept flinging it up at the screen and yelling obsceneties every time he saw a thread like this and pulled something!!

fing1293.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hope you heal quickly good Sir! :thumbsup: :biggrin: We need you to make incessant and grandiose changes to our new home! :dance:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I wonder if we could have a spot on there for nick names too :rotfl: ...

Lol you can put your nickname under the name spot, Sam is my nickname :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Sam is my nickname :thumbsup:

Now I read through this entire post, and I agree it would be nice to have a spot for real names.

Sam, your last post just completely confused the hell out of me. If Sam is your nickname, why do you have ItsOnVoy listed?

I'm a woman lol I read into things WAY to much!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online