Other GM wheels on the TB

redleg6

Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
So i've done some looking around and have only found very little info. Looks like some people have done this, but aren't posting their results.

At the end of June I'm buying a '08 SS...
08-SS.jpg

I would like to get another set of daily driver wheels and why not make them new Suburban 20"?

They would look exactly like this...same finish.
Tahoe-Suburban-Silver-350.jpg

I found a site that sells adapters, but it states, "Year, Model and Spacer Thickness:" and "* Required - Choose from 1" to 1.5" thick."

How detrimental is this and without knowing backspacing requirements, which thickness to pick? Regardless of whatever thickness, won't the wheels/tires stick out somewhat instead of being "tucked under"? I'd also like to purchase on of those TB SS Owners lowering kits (not the big drop), but hesitate due to not knowing if the combination of these Sub wheels and lowering will work with the adapters.

Other than buying the SS I don't want to spend any more than I really need too for aesthetics.

Anyone's thoughts?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yea ...with spacers it wouldn't look very good especially on an SS. U would get looks but not the kind you'd want. My2c

Not choice in color btw..pain to keep clean but sexy as hell when it is.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
My opinion, I really like the Sierra Denali chrome rims, 20's I think. I'd love to have a set of those on my Envoy...

Canary2323

Mar 31, 2012
My rims /tires to stick out a bit with adapters but I actually like the look. Gives my tb a more aggressive look.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
i believe you have to go w/ the 1.5 spacers. anything less and you may have to grind the studs down,
so you get proper contact.
also look a @ Chevy/GMC Leveling Suspension Lift Kit :: THE LIFT MEISTER he is a vendor on here and sells adapters.
if the suburban rims have the same back spacing and offset as the TB rims, the will stick out a little.
i have MarkMc's 1.5 adapters/spacers on OEM rims, this is how they look (stick out) to give you an idea:

View attachment 21434

Attachments

• rear w adapters 002.jpg
    rear w adapters 002.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 7

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I like the black rims on the tbss that it's coming with. But the second choice is nice also!! Me personally if you don't need the spacers don't run them. I think it looks goofy if the rims stick out so much out of the car. It looks way cleaner without them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.