Original sale price when the Trailblazer was new?

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
Just out of bored curiosity, I'm wondering about how much a Trailblazer LS went for back when they were on the 'new' lot. Mine is a 2006 LS (2wd, 6 cyl), I bought it back in 2011.
I know my first Blazer LS was purchased new off the lot...sticker was $24k, between trade in and negotiating, we got it for right at $20K. Guessing the Trailblazers might have been around the same price point.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
The sticker price on mine (12/27/2002) was $31,187.
($32,202.35 out the door after rebate, tags, title, tax, and extended warranty).

The buyer got the "Rust, Fabric, Undercoat & Paint" package from the dealer, which supposedly added a paint sealant, spill-resistant fabric coating, and additional undercoat (all Mopar products oddly).
The only additional factory option was the sunroof.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

Badbart

Nov 20, 2011
Mine was right at $32,000 new. It's an LT with two tone Majestic Red/Gold trim, leather interior, Sun and Fun Package (sunroof and Bose CD/Cassette), two wheel drive, G80 with 3:42's, optional 17" alloy wheels, running boards, fog lights, turn signals in the mirror housings, cruise.....can't think of anything else. We bought it from a good friend of ours who ordered it. He drove it for about 18 months and put 16K miles on it and we got it from him for $18,000.00. I'd say a good deal.

Sep 20, 2015
Western Mass.
The 9-7x I'm driving actually has it's original window sticker, the first owners (people before me) paid $39,900, had zero options or add-ons.

What was a 2005 TB LT2 with all options?

Reactions: Tiggerr

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Cleaned out my glove box, the original owner left the spec sheet/sticker price. Base price $38,955.00. It came out to $42,500.00 with the options they chose and then received some sort of discount bringing the price down somewhat. I'm curious what the "enhanced quiet package" is, looks like they got it fully loaded minus the rear DVD entertainment system. Among the sales sticker, it looks like they took it for a rust proofing treatment a year or so after purchasing it, the receipt mentions rhino liner and some other stuff.

HmiVwyJ.jpg

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
FYI
Enhanced Quiet Package:

• Enhanced Quiet Package, includes acoustic laminate in windows and strategically-placed elements of sound insulation

sunliner

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
wow...so they were in the $30k range...I had no idea. thanks for sharing

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
FYI
Enhanced Quiet Package:

• Enhanced Quiet Package, includes acoustic laminate in windows and strategically-placed elements of sound insulation

Thanks! I had no idea this was even an option at the time, wonder if there is any real noticeable difference if you have it or not.

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Cleaned out my glove box, the original owner left the spec sheet/sticker price. Base price $38,955.00. It came out to $42,500.00 with the options they chose and then received some sort of discount bringing the price down somewhat. I'm curious what the "enhanced quiet package" is, looks like they got it fully loaded minus the rear DVD entertainment system. Among the sales sticker, it looks like they took it for a rust proofing treatment a year or so after purchasing it, the receipt mentions rhino liner and some other stuff.

HmiVwyJ.jpg

That's interesting, thanks for posting. The same vehicle here would be well over $50k back then.

Reactions: Mike534x

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Not an option. It was included standard equipment.

Oh! I had no idea that was standard, interesting it sounded like something GM would have loved to have made into a premium add on option.

That's interesting, thanks for posting. The same vehicle here would be well over $50k back then.

Yeah that is interesting, I wonder why its more expensive by you. Just state and sales tax being high in your area?

Bow_Tied

Dec 21, 2014
London, ON
Yeah that is interesting, I wonder why its more expensive by you. Just state and sales tax being high in your area?

I'm in Canada. Depending on the year, the exchange rate could be at par or it could cost me 30c on the dollar, like it is right now. That and 13% sales tax, A/C tax, freight, delivery, higher business taxes and utilities costs.... sigh.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A/C tax. Yeah, we still pay that $100 excise tax on A/C, which was added in the 70's when A/C systems sucked so much power that it used 3MPG's, LOL! Yet, we're still paying it today. Not too many vehicles these days that don't have A/C so no incentive to not take it.

"Yes, I don't want A/C. I want to save $100 on my $60 000 truck"

vipergg

Dec 7, 2011
Just out of bored curiosity, I'm wondering about how much a Trailblazer LS went for back when they were on the 'new' lot. Mine is a 2006 LS (2wd, 6 cyl), I bought it back in 2011.
I know my first Blazer LS was purchased new off the lot...sticker was $24k, between trade in and negotiating, we got it for right at $20K. Guessing the Trailblazers might have been around the same price point.
2008 Ascender , think sticker said $27435 or something like that . Bought it in 2010 , only 2 dealers had had the car and it had less than 3000 miles and no accidents according to Autofax. Bought it for $17000 . Still going strong at 121000 miles . Most comfortable car with the most legroom I have ever owned and this was a lower end model .

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have the window sticker for my XUV at home.. If I remember right, it was 46000. Church Pastor owned it before me as the original owner.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online