oregon owners

scotblazer

Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
ok i know i just joined but any oregon owners want to meet up on the coast?
im in coos bay but anywhere along the coast would be good.anytime this year ?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Lots of guys up in the Seattle area, a few regular guys but theres anywhere from 10-18 TBSSs that meet up almost every month.

If there's something good down in Portland, Im sure we could get a few guys to make a trip down for the day.

scotblazer

Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
thanks scarab,not sure our old girl could make it to portland just now,got
some issues going on with the tranfer case /front passenger side axel(squeaky rotating noise that dissapperes when
auto or 4hi is engeged),any ideas?:confused::undecided::confused:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
scotblazer said:
some issues going on with the tranfer case /front passenger side axel(squeaky rotating noise that dissapperes when

Fun stuff, how's the CV axle look? Could be the carrier housing (I think, Bill?).

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

scotblazer

Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
thanks bill and scarab will pass this to my wrenchman who still thinks its something to do with
a broken transfer case.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Definitely look at the link that Roadie gave you. It will get you in the right direction if it isn't the carrier housing just needing a rebuild.

I was going to try to get up there this year but the in-laws wants me to come up next year for sure on their 50th anniversary and we will be along the coast near the air museum.

the2extreme

May 13, 2013
I'm an Oregon member... Not very many of us around... A few more SS owners than us LS/LT guys... I'm located in McMinnville... An I assume Thumper is talking about the Air Museum here...

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
scotblazer said:

Any updates on this?

the2extreme said:
I'm an Oregon member... Not very many of us around... A few more SS owners than us LS/LT guys... I'm located in McMinnville... An I assume Thumper is talking about the Air Museum here...

That is definitely the one. I tried to get down there a few years ago when I was up there. I have been wanting to see the Spruce Goose since I was a kid. I have been told the one in Tillamook isn't bad either.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
the2extreme said:

Welcome!
I tuned an 02 TB back in Feb who drove up from McMinnville to Portland.

I think maybe next spring we should try to get a NW meet going in Portland. Id be willing to drive down for a weekend and hang out.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
ScarabEpic22 said:
Welcome!

I think maybe next spring we should try to get a NW meet going in Portland. Id be willing to drive down for a weekend and hang out.

I am still trying to work out the details but I should be in Mcminnville around July 2 or 3 next year.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
I am still trying to work out the details but I should be in Mcminnville around July 2 or 3 next year.

Will you be headed farther north? I do 4th of the July in Idaho every year so I cant make it down to OR that week.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
ScarabEpic22 said:
Will you be headed farther north? I do 4th of the July in Idaho every year so I cant make it down to OR that week.
Yeah, I think we will be in Longview part of the time. We are still working things out. I told them I don't want to be so rushed around this time. I have people I can visit with up there now not just play tourist...

the2extreme

May 13, 2013
djthumper said:
Any updates on this?

That is definitely the one. I tried to get down there a few years ago when I was up there. I have been wanting to see the Spruce Goose since I was a kid. I have been told the one in Tillamook isn't bad either.

They just keep expanding an expanding an expanding... Space museum... Waterslide park... imax theater... You could easily spend a whole day there...

ScarabEpic22 said:
Welcome!

What kind of tuning did you do?
And yea we should get a meet together... By next spring I should have a lift on at least... LOL... :wootwoot:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
the2extreme said:
And yea we should get a meet together... By next spring I should have a lift on at least... LOL... :wootwoot:

PCM/ECM tuning, remap the spark/airflow/cam (and more) tables plus change the shift feel/quickness. Completely changes the way these things drive. :biggrin:

the2extreme

May 13, 2013
ScarabEpic22 said:
PCM/ECM tuning, remap the spark/airflow/cam (and more) tables plus change the shift feel/quickness. Completely changes the way these things drive. :biggrin:

Safe to assume this was done on an SS?

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
the2extreme said:
Safe to assume this was done on an SS?

Yes, but not what I was referring to. Ive done both I6s and V8s. The cam comment is only relevant to the I6s as they have the VVT exhaust cam, can get some more TQ by adjusting its advance/retard!

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
im in rainier oregon. 45 min east of astoria on hwy 30. djthumper..what happened..thought you were spose to stop by and say hi a while back..lol

Inert_Static

Jun 22, 2013
LordBear said:
im in rainier oregon. 45 min east of astoria on hwy 30. djthumper..what happened..thought you were spose to stop by and say hi a while back..lol

I was born and raised in Astoria and spent a lot of time in rainier. I sure miss the coast. Idaho sucks sometimes.

Jtyler77

Aug 10, 2013
Inert_Static said:
Oregon is just awesome Hu?

Hell yeah! People around me have know idea what true beauty is(Cascades, Mt Hood, Astoria). I would love to go back but for some reason my family decided Ohio is a good place to plant ourselves :confused:.

TBLS

Dec 29, 2013
Are there any TB owners near the Gresham or Sandy Oregon area?

TBLS

Dec 29, 2013
the2extreme said:
They just keep expanding an expanding an expanding... Space museum... Waterslide park... imax theater... You could easily spend a whole day there...

Hope I get a lift by then. Is like to meet too if that is alright with everyone else? I'm in Sandy next to MT hood.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online