Oracle Lighting

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So I was watching 'the powerblock' on spiketv over the weekend, and they had an advertisement for Oracle lighting. They make projector/halo headlights. They didnt have the Trailblazer listed on their site, so I emailed them to see how much lights would be, I figured a few hundred bucks, but when I head back from them I just about fell out of my chair.

NEW HEADLIGHTS WITH SINGLE PROJECTOR INSTALLED & WHITE HALOS
NEW HEADLIGHTS- $ 691.10
HALO INSTALLATION-$ 199.00
TRAILBLAZER HALO KIT- $ 199.00 ( WHITE SMD)
PROJECTOR RETRO FIT LABOR- $ 250.00
PROJECTORS- $ 259.00
2 X HID KITS- $ 558.00
UPS GROUND SHIPPING $ 49.00

NEW HEADLIGHTS WITH DUAL PROJECTOR INSTALLED & WHITE HALOS
NEW HEADLIGHTS- $ 691.10
2x PROJECTOR RETRO FIT LABOR- $ 250.00
2xPROJECTORS- $ 259.00
2 X HID KITS- $ 558.00

USING YOUR HEADLIGHTS WITH SINGLE PROJECTOR INSTALLED & WHITE HALOS
PROJECTOR RETRO FIT LABOR- $ 250.00
PROJECTORS- $ 259.00
2 X HID KITS- $ 558.00

USING YOUR HEADLIGHTS WITH DUAL PROJECTOR INSTALLED & WHITE HALOS
2x PROJECTOR RETRO FIT LABOR- $ 250.00
2xPROJECTORS- $ 259.00
2 X HID KITS- $ 558.00

How on earth do they expect to stay in business with these prices? $558 for an HID kit? this isnt 1999.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
:jawdrop2: WTF are they thinking? They are really proud of their work and the new housings. This thread should help Smitty.

The guy that posted the $1000 grille might jump on this.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:crackup: That is ri-damn-diculous right there!! They probably quoted those prices cuz they have no desire to make a new product....

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
wow...i seen places that would do it for like 4-500 bucks on a retrofit.... if i had the shop and tools i would be doing it my self..well try to any how..lol

Me007gold

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
lol! Crap! seriously how do they stay in business! What I did was buy those Eagle Eyes projectors/ CCFL halos and the plan was to retrofit Lexus projectors on them. I already gotta quote which was about $300 with the projectors and labor.

All that brings them up to around $550 with the headlight price lol! I'm not sure if i'm still gonna do it. Depends on the result of my other thread lol

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
fadyasha said:
lol! Crap! seriously how do they stay in business! What I did was buy those Eagle Eyes projectors/ CCFL halos and the plan was to retrofit Lexus projectors on them. I already gotta quote which was about $300 with the projectors and labor.

All that brings them up to around $550 with the headlight price lol! I'm not sure if i'm still gonna do it. Depends on the result of my other thread lol

I actually like the projector on those headlight, it provides a really cool color range. Especially around the edges of the beam cutoff, you can see alot of green, purple, blue. I would like to fix the cutoff though, that is a bit disappointing. That will not be for a while though, I have something planned and need to hash out the details.

I am trying to retrofit some CCFL halos into my younger brothers headlight for his Scooby. He bought a set off Amazon with the LED halos about 5 months ago. The damn things are already out. He is nervous about letting me put them in the oven though.

As for that price, uh yeah screw that. I could do alot more modding for any of those quotes.

Would they just use the $300 eagle eye headlights for the first option, I mean it sounds like something they could get away with. Second one would just need to add the second projector.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Me007gold said:
Oh I am well aware of that, however I was hoping since they did not have the trailblazer listed on their website, that they would want one to make a prototype with and thus provide a free or deeply discounted service.

I knew you would know about it, but others that read this thread might not.

Ace1875 said:
you can PM me my quote now :biggrin:

PM Smitty5150 (the OP of the thread I linked), I don't do the retro fits.

blazinlow89 said:
I actually like the projector on those headlight, it provides a really cool color range. Especially around the edges of the beam cutoff, you can see alot of green, purple, blue. I would like to fix the cutoff though, that is a bit disappointing. That will not be for a while though, I have something planned and need to hash out the details.

There was a thread on the OS were someone used a razor blade to fix the cutoff.

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Yeh I remember reading a thread like that. To be honest I saw the before and after but still not like it should be.

The ones that came on the eagle eyes are pretty decent and the range is excellent. The cut sucks though lol! I'm not in a hurry to change them, it was a project I put on hold :wink:

Meltdown211

Dec 4, 2011
We have a guy on TBSSOwners that is doing them for $6-$700 to do a complete retrofit of projectors in your stock lights. I thought that was excessive! I just cant see my headlights being worth that kind of money! Oracle is insane and I wonder if they price them high so no one actually buys them but they DO say they have them available.

t3mp816

Mar 31, 2012

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online