Opinions on KMC wheels

plaen

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I'm looking at getting a set of KMC wheels for my 02 for bigger tires, since putting a 35" wouldn't work on the stock rims. I'm looking at the venom 455 in black. They are 17" x 8" with an offset of +12. I'd have to buy adapters for them since they are 6x5.5. I can get them for a good price, but it means spending 200 more for new spacers.

Any thoughts, I think they'd work well, with more offset than stock. If I order them I'm pretty much stuck with them.

Here's what they look like

cbKM7557.png

jham

Nov 20, 2011
plaen said:
I'm looking at getting a set of KMC wheels for my 02 for bigger tires, since putting a 35" wouldn't work on the stock rims. I'm looking at the venom 455 in black. They are 17" x 8" with an offset of +12. I'd have to buy adapters for them since they are 6x5.5. I can get them for a good price, but it means spending 200 more for new spacers.

Any thoughts, I think they'd work well, with more offset than stock. If I order them I'm pretty much stuck with them.

Here's what they look like

cbKM7557.png

I love the KMC rims that I have can't complain at all about them they are high quality those would look good on a trailblazer IMO

plaen

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
I love the KMC rims that I have can't complain at all about them

I'm still up in the air about tires, I'm leaning toward nitto grapplers at, but still considering mts, but I've heard snow/ice suck with mts.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
That is a good looking rim! :thumbsup:

I bet I know where you can get a really good deal on a set of used wheel spacers. I can fully vouch for them. :yes:

jham

Nov 20, 2011
plaen said:
I'm still up in the air about tires, I'm leaning toward nitto grapplers at, but still considering mts, but I've heard snow/ice suck with mts.

I would have to argue about mts sucking in the snow i have loved have mts over AT's in the snow but that my opinion

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
plaen said:

Take a look at the Treadwright Guarddogs. I love mine, they have performed flawlessly in the dirt, mud, snow and ice, and are still comfortable on the blacktop.

plaen

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
That is a good looking rim! :thumbsup:

I bet I know where you can get a really good deal on a set of used wheel spacers. I can fully vouch for them. :yes:

I've seen a few around here for sale, just means I'd have to do the same with my current ones.

For the wheels, they would be my optimal choice, but they were the best looking my local store has available for order, and at 115 a wheel It's not a bad price either. Just have to not let scratching them up bother me when i off-road.

I suppose I could check out the 4wheel parts store and see what they have. I doubt I'll get better pricing from them though.

plaen

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
Take a look at the Treadwright Guarddogs. I love mine, they have performed flawlessly in the dirt, mud, snow and ice, and are still comfortable on the blacktop.

Hmm, I've seen a lot of good things about those tires, although, I'm looking for 35's, and they have 315x70, just shy of 35, but for 20-30 more a tire i can get new. I'm gonna have to ponder all this now. As for the snow, only thing that would of concerned me is currently my mom is driving it, and shes not all that great of a driver in snow, but since I'd be picking up new wheels, that eliminates that problem, just won't put em on till I take it off-road, or the stock set wears out before then.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online