Opinions and Idea's

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I'm trying to figure out the exact look I want for the Voy. I have been thinking about painting the chrome that is around the grille black, as I have a stock grille and then completely blacking out the GMC on it..including the chrome/silver housing that the emblem sits in. (I'm not wanting to spend $250 on a new grille when I still owe on the truck). I also want to paint my caliper's, but I don't want to do red....EVERYONE does red lol. I love the color green, and I was thinking if I could find the right hue it would look pretty good. I would also be doing an emblem on the calipers with my Voy's name. But with that being said, should I then paint my GMC grille emblem green to match the caliper's, or go ahead and do it black? I was also thinking of painting the wiper arms the same green as the caliper's?? I'm in the process of taking pictures and photochopping to see what it might look like, I guess I will post pictures on this thread when I have them chopped. Or maybe painting the chrome/silver part of the grille emblem green for a subtle appearance with the black emblem? Decisions Decisions....

Any other Idea's are greatly appreciated! And of course your thoughts on my original plan. If you think it's stupid, just say it lol I don't offend easily and would rather have the truth then feeling stupid later on :biggrin:

Thanks
Tami

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Your plan is not stupid. It is your truck You can do what ever you want to it. I like the green idea as it is something different. I would just be careful and not go too crazy with it. But like I said it is yours and as long as you like it, who cares. I think the green emblem would be cool to match your calipers and such. A while back I was thinking of doing orange emblems and I was going to do a thin orange pin stripe down the side and paint some interior pieces to match. Just a few ideas.

4wVoy

Feb 4, 2012
totally out of line the way you are thinking..........

just kidding, do what you want, whatever look you are going for, go for it. No one can tell you it isn't right unless it is you. If it was me, a black 'Voy would be blacked out but thats just me. Thats the luxury of owning anything, you say what goes and you get the look you want. i think black and green will look good personally but thats just me. Just realize that there will be haters no matter what you do, if its just a couple things painted or if its everything custom. Long story short, do what you want and be happy with it. I cant wait to see some pics of what you end up doing but in the end it is about what "YOU" want. by you i mean you and ur hubby. Good luck and let's see what you have in store

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Thanks everyone! I LOVE the blacked out look a lot, but everyone seems to do it with their trucks, so I want to be different. As far as hubby goes, as long as it isn't pink he wouldn't care. But then again if I did pink maybe he would hurry up and buy a damn car for himself instead of beating around the bush lol :undecided:

But on a serious note, he isn't going to hold me back. And if I wasn't so horrible at photoshop I would have some examples. I will have to do those tonight when my kids are in bed, I need to keep my daughter from killing her brother :crazy:

I'll probably attack the mods on a warmer day, I don't want the fumes inside around the babies.

jham

Nov 20, 2011
I agree with the both post. I like the emblem and calipers idea and black out the chrome ring. Silly question are you looking at neon green or John Deere green? But either way its your truck make it all your

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Dont do the wiper arms...too rice for me.

I like the idea of calipers and emblems matching. Jeff has some sweet green that all my decals are chnging too.

gmt1.jpg

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
jham said:
I agree with the both post. I like the emblem and calipers idea and black out the chrome ring. Silly question are you looking at neon green or John Deere green? But either way its your truck make it all your

Neither really...It's hard to explain the hue, but I have a cell phone case that I'm color matching my paint to. I will upload a picture of it when I finish making lunch lol

IMG_20120228_125553.jpg

IMG_20120228_125548.jpg

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
I'm pictureing Green Lantern in my head... Might have to change his name! lol I have to agree on not the wipers though. I like the emblem, pin stripe, caliper idea though. Small things on a black truck go a loonngg way in my book. Have fun and enjoy it!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
You are right, many people do black out there truck and I personally would not go that route IMO. But like everyone else says its your truck etc. Now the green is a cool idea!! I personally would not paint the chrome around the grill or GMC. I feel like that chrome gives the truck some contrast especially with the chrome headlights and fogs we have! So if you do that chrome I would deff do something with the headlights and fogs so there not sticking out soo much! Maybe a light tint on them or green tint them if you want!! The HID's will shine through the green pretty well I believe. Just a idea out there! Or even pink instead of green any color really (just so your hubby gets a car :raspberry:) haha

[EBAY]120834695205[/EBAY]

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
You are right, many people do black out there truck and I personally would not go that route IMO. But like everyone else says its your truck etc. Now the green is a cool idea!! I personally would not paint the chrome around the grill or GMC. I feel like that chrome gives the truck some contrast especially with the chrome headlights and fogs we have! So if you do that chrome I would deff do something with the headlights and fogs so there not sticking out soo much! Maybe a light tint on them or green tint them if you want!! The HID's will shine through the green pretty well I believe. Just a idea out there! Or even pink instead of green any color really (just so your hubby gets a car :raspberry:) haha

[EBAY]120834695205[/EBAY]

In most sstates I thought colored headlights were illegal.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
In most sstates I thought colored headlights were illegal.

It really depends on the state I believe! I mean if she gets a light tint film then the light (HID's shes getting) will shine through them pretty well

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I don't think I would have an issue with colored headlights. We see people with purple and I mean PURPLE colored beams and no one says anything. We can't have blue or reds as those are for Emergency vehicles. I don't know if I would go as far as tinting my headlights though, unless of course I turn him into a show poodle(no plans on it). I just want something a little different. I was asking High Voltage about a certain type of side stripe(Secret) when he did my 3rd brake light, and IF I go that route I will be doing a silver/grey-ish glitter paint instead and of course hubby said changing his name from Phantom to something celestial to match :crazy:

And then poor Jeff would have to do more Vinyl for me lol. I'd like to do the green, but unless the stripe I plan on doing down the sides of the truck were green, it wouldn't match really well as the stripe color would be grey-ish to match the black. I think I will get some material that matches the 2 colors and tape them on to do a mock style so I can see what color I want to go with. If I had it my way I'd just repaint the whole truck 2 toned pink and green :biggrin:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
djthumper said:
I have some green accents on mine

file-134.jpg

file-141.jpg

LOVE IT!!!! It looks really good, especially on the white!

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
I think if you could get a close match of the phone case did the badges, and calipers, it would look good, the wiper arms may be a bit much. If you get your edited photos up, I may reconsider the wipers. But it has been said before. It is your truck and final say is yours. :smile: Do me a favor though. If you paint anything... Clean the truck before presenting me with pics.:tongue: LOL

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
:iagree: It's your truck but the green of that case is off the hook :thumbsup:. Color matching the calipers, emblems ( not the headlights ) would look Kool and add a different touch IMO. Go for it :wootwoot:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I agree with ItsOnVoy, the right amount of contrast to me is important. Accent colors - especially if not factory available - would deff make it yours and make it interesting.

BTW, your cat looks a lot like our first cat which was a special model, 3 paw drive.

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
I know somebody said everybody does red calipers but now you got me thinking of doing red to match the GMC logo.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mark20 said:
I know somebody said everybody does red calipers but now you got me thinking of doing red to match the GMC logo.

Dont let voymom corrupt you, red calipers and plasti dip rims put you on that STL level ahahah :thumbsup:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Mark20 said:

I was the one who said that everyone does red caliper's....lol

That's all I ever see driving around, car shows, and on the OS when I was over there researching it. I definitely want to be different, always have been...so why stop now? :biggrin:

I just don't want to be ousted or neglected on the forum because I own the Green Lantern Mobile lmao I would have some examples but I really really suck at photoshop.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Harmless drives an SS with antlers and a reindeer nose on it......You will not be excluded here :smile:

Ahh I hope he sees that one :rotfl:
Where would we be without him

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
Harmless drives an SS with antlers and a reindeer nose on it......You will not be excluded here :smile:

Ahh I hope he sees that one :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I'm speechless!!! lol

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Voymom said:
LOVE IT!!!! It looks really good, especially on the white!
My shock boots are also green. I couldn't find the pics of it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.