Onstar Mirror

Ilikemy3s

Original poster
Dec 3, 2011
Hey everyone. I did a search and could not find an answer so I figured to post ..

I just purchased a 05 Trailblazer LT. I has OnStar with the buttons on the mirror. I just like the mirror I had in my 04 Envoy which had the auto dimming feature with clock and compass. Are the mirrors easy to swap as far as the connections? Has anyone swapped / upgraded thiers?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I swapped mine for compass from the 07 I had to my 06. Plugged right in.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
:eek: Your mirror had a clock in it? That's new! Or did you mean temperature readout? :tongue:

And yes, like Kyle said, they are plug and play swapable. I did this mod as well.

Reactions: Mounce

Simon01

Dec 5, 2011
Yep, I have an 05 and just swapped the manual mirror with an autodim with compass and temp. I had to add the temp sensor, since I have an LS, but that was easy also.

Trkdrvremt

Oct 22, 2014
NJ
Simon01 said:
Yep, I have an 05 and just swapped the manual mirror with an autodim with compass and temp. I had to add the temp sensor, since I have an LS, but that was easy also.
Where did you get the temp sensor from? Junkyard or was it a package deal?

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
IIRC, it's like 5 bucks at the dealer. Google the subject and you'll see a thread or two on the OS that mention it, I think that's where I saw it said that they were cheap.

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

coolasice

Oct 27, 2013
Northern Maine
Mounce said:
IIRC, it's like 5 bucks at the dealer. Google the subject and you'll see a thread or two on the OS that mention it, I think that's where I saw it said that they were cheap.
+1

If you don't want to cut/splice wires you will need the harness too and pins/seals for the connector along with some wire.

part numbers here:
http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=54154

Reactions: Trkdrvremt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online