NEED HELP Onstar Conversion

dma46072

Original poster
Nov 26, 2019
Indiana
I have a 2003 Trailblazer EXT LT that was not taken in for the digital conversion. I have active Onstar in my 2007 Trailblazer and I wanted to find out if I could add the antenna and change the communication module in my 03 with a module from a newer model. Has this been done before? Thank you in advance

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
There used to be a kit. I was able to upgrade one of my '02 Bravada's. The dealer I used at the time still had one or two of the kits sitting on the shelf and sold me the kit plus 1 year of OnStar for like $250 or so. I've read various posts and seen different prices. I did a quick search on ebay and could not find any kits listed (there were kits listed a few years ago).

Regardless, here's a post that has more definitive info including the TSB for the upgrade. You may be able to get the part numbers you need from it:

As for whether you can pull another vehicle's communication unit and antenna and end up with serviceable OnStar - likely yes.
I read at least one post where someone had done just that. https://www.chevyavalanchefanclub.com/cafcna/index.php?topic=44862.msg775477#msg775477

Dec 5, 2011
Central Pennsylvania
If you do pull this off, please document it as I'm sure there are others (ahem... me) that would be interested as well.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
On my Envoy, I had the dealer do the digital conversion. Per GM they are to only charge 250 bucks for the kit, and install, and one year of service.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.