One side higher than other...

Big B Jantzen

Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
Look at this pick, it does appear one side is higher. I did not feel this until I did Diff seal Monday. So weird that I have not felt this before. So I took a pic this morning to see if it is noticable and it is: Any ideas on what I may have done to cause this?

not level.jpg

Thats Diff oil on ground before I replaced the seal.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Drive it on some bumps n see if it settles.

Does it measure different

Are the tires same PSI

Are spings fully seated in proper place?

Big B Jantzen

Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
I did the lift a while ago and has felt straight since. Just noticed this week. When I did Diff seal I only jacked up one side, but I wouldn't think that would hurt spacers as they are tourqed down right. hhhmmmmm

Brand new tires at 35 psi.

OK thanks for tips I will check measurements and make sure nothing has come unseated or loose in suspension when I get home.

smt 59

Just a FYI, this was actually a flaw directly from the factory that was never resolved. Lower lean on the passenger side. Many customer complaints and a bulletin but no resolve.

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Hmmmm. Interesting.... So to fix this all we have to do is get in ? Or put 130lbs in the driver seat? Lol. I've honestly never noticed that lean on my Voy.:undecided:

Big B Jantzen

Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
So everything looks good. So doing measurements I came across very weird differences. It's actually in the back, front fenders is 1/8 in off, front doors 1/2 in off, rear fenders 1 in off.

I am still on the stock shocks. I wouldn't think a shock mattered for height. The springs and spacers on axle look good and seated. hhhmmmmm

smt 59

So everything looks good. So doing measurements I came across very weird differences. It's actually in the back, front fenders is 1/8 in off, front doors 1/2 in off, rear fenders 1 in off.

I am still on the stock shocks. I wouldn't think a shock mattered for height. The springs and spacers on axle look good and seated. hhhmmmmm
Shocks do not affect height only the springs and lift spacers of course.

Big B Jantzen

Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
Yeah I think I will need to jack it up and take a better look at the springs and spacers. I do remember not too long ago I hit a big bump and the back made a loud clank. Maybe something adjusted not easily spotted.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Shocks do not affect height only the springs and lift spacers of course.
Unless his rear shocks are fully maxed out. If he is on stock shocks it is possible.

Yeah I think I will need to jack it up and take a better look at the springs and spacers. I do remember not too long ago I hit a big bump and the back made a loud clank. Maybe something adjusted not easily spotted.

That would be a good start. Also if you look the rear end will have shifted side to side due to the lift. You may want the relo bracket or adjustable panhard to center things.

Big B Jantzen

Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
Yeah I have the adjustable panhard bar, but have not installed it yet. Maybe I'll do that while I am under it.

Reactions: smt 59

Big B Jantzen

Original poster
Aug 9, 2016
Enid, OK
So I did NOT get a chance to look last night. I went ahead and ordered the Bilistien 5125's just in case. I did run over a few bumps in the back and it seems to have settled out. HARDTRAILS may have hit this on the head, maybe the shock failed at max and got stuck...????

Thanks so much for bouncing ideas here. I will get the new shocks in next week and do the Panhard. I guess I should tackle that grossly rusted spare tire next. I read the OS thread on it as it has great info. Still got to find that electrical demon causing my driver door control module and seats to stop working...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluecorp

Members Online