On a budget

Stuntmanmike77

Original poster
May 6, 2018
Sanford, ME
I need to replace my struts and shocks. Need a descent quick strut assembly. Definitely can not afford Bilstein products or ac delco. Any suggestions. Just need something to last a couple years.

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
I have a brand new still in the box set. Struts, no springs and 2 shocks for rear. Cheapest 1's they had on Ebay and I think i got them on some promo deal for $115. No name straight from China. Ill let em go for $75 + shipping. May ride like a Cadillac or a log wagon I have no idea. Msg me your zip code if you want em and ill find out shipping rate tomorrow..

Stuntmanmike77

Original poster
May 6, 2018
Sanford, ME
Thanks. I'm looking for something mid-grade and need the quick struts since I'm doing this in a parking lot with just hand tools. Monroe, Detroit axle, Sensen, one of these any good?

aaserv

Dec 1, 2019
N of Baton Rouge, La.
Detroit Axle is probably the same 1's I have, Sensen at least admits their Chinese, Monroe doesnt but I got money says they are. 1 thing I do notice about Monroe, they have a TRUE lifetime warranty. When they wear out they will give you new ones. Other companies like Detroit Axle claim to have a warranty but if you read it they only cover manufacturing defects....not normal wear and tear.
Walmart.com....not the local store, has some pretty good prices on the cheaper ACDelco brand.

These KYB's on Ebay look nice.. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338077216&icep_item=293373137997

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
@Stuntmanmike77 I used the MOOG quick struts and they are horrible! You might want to check your local you pull it yard and see if any trailblazers/envoys have billsteins installed. I pretty frequently see them installed at one of my local yards. You might get lucky and find a fairly new set.

Edit: These quick struts look fairly promising. A few people noted that they were slightly softer than stock. They sound better than the MOOG struts I used.

OREDY Front Pair Struts Assembly Complete Assembly Shock Absorber

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.