Omega Excalibur installed WHERE???

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
I just got my Excalibur alarm and remote start looks great but would be much more useful installed in my tb. I know there's a few guys on here that said they have these alarms and love them. I went to two install shops so far one quated me too high $190 installed. Another 150 better but he said since we don't sell them hes unfamiliar with them so will not warranty the install. I think that's what he was saying at least. I'm in south eastern Wisconsin Milwaukee area. Almost everyone here sells over priced vipers. There $100 more for the same one I have. I don't know if anyone can help me but hopefully someone can. I'm looking for a Excalibur dealer that's familiar with them. So if there's an issue I can get help. If I can't find a dealer I should be able to find someone that will install it and can give me some kind of backup behind it. I hate to have one installed have a problem and they just shrug there shoulders. :banghead:
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
I personally have one of there systems installed! Great system! I think I have a problem with my bypass for mine so I need to have they change that but other then that one of the best! I agree the vipers are over rated and WAY too much! I got my system with the whole 9 yards and everything with it and came out about a good 300 cheaper then the 5901 viper system! Now that 190 installed...what is given in that system? Unlock? lock? lcd display etc..
 

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
ItsOnVoy said:
I personally have one of there systems installed! Great system! I think I have a problem with my bypass for mine so I need to have they change that but other then that one of the best! I agree the vipers are over rated and WAY too much! I got my system with the whole 9 yards and everything with it and came out about a good 300 cheaper then the 5901 viper system! Now that 190 installed...what is given in that system? Unlock? lock? lcd display etc..

No man I have an alarm I need installed 190 is install price only.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
GregT said:
No man I have an alarm I need installed 190 is install price only.

Oh okay got it!! That seems a bit high! Have you asked best buy on how much they cost to install? (if there is a best buy by you) they lifetime there installs!
 

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh okay got it!! That seems a bit high! Have you asked best buy on how much they cost to install? (if there is a best buy by you) they lifetime there installs!

Was trying to stay away from best buy they don't have very experienced techs imo.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
GregT said:
Was trying to stay away from best buy they don't have very experienced techs imo.

I understand staying away from them! I did with mine. But I think it depends on the best buy you go to really because I had my HU installed at the one by my house and they did a good job at it! I mean ask and see what they do! Try searching compuStar starters and go to there site and locate some dealerships or places that installs them and call any places by your area and ask them if they can install what you got and how much..here is the link just enter you info! Hope this helps! This is how I found the place for me to install my system :thumbsup:

Dealer Locator | Find an Authorized Compustar Dealer | Compustar.com
 

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
ItsOnVoy said:
I understand staying away from them! I did with mine. But I think it depends on the best buy you go to really because I had my HU installed at the one by my house and they did a good job at it! I mean ask and see what they do! Try searching compuStar starters and go to there site and locate some dealerships or places that installs them and call any places by your area and ask them if they can install what you got and how much..here is the link just enter you info! Hope this helps! This is how I found the place for me to install my system :thumbsup:

Dealer Locator | Find an Authorized Compustar Dealer | Compustar.com

Thanks for the link it helps. Part that sucks the most is they want to see what you have I can't just tell them. So far that's been the story. I looked at best buy there prices are listed they want 200 for install. I hate that every place I walk into has crappy over priced vipers.
 

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
14,956
North Las Vegas
Did you think to go to the Omega site and ask them for a list of dealers near you?
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
$190 isnt bad for an install. I was quoted 5 hours at $85 an hour, plus parts :eek:.

BB here said $150 plus labor. I expected around $200 to do the full thing.

No good on the price, think im going to attempt it.
 

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
djthumper said:
Did you think to go to the Omega site and ask them for a list of dealers near you?

I did waiting to hear back since it's the weekend.
 

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
blazinlow89 said:
$190 isnt bad for an install. I was quoted 5 hours at $85 an hour, plus parts :eek:.

BB here said $150 plus labor. I expected around $200 to do the full thing.

No good on the price, think im going to attempt it.

I don't know where you got that quote but that's a rip off. If your not comfortable doing a install. I would not even attempt it you don't want to mess it up and end up paying more to get it fixed.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
GregT said:
Thanks for the link it helps. Part that sucks the most is they want to see what you have I can't just tell them. So far that's been the story. I looked at best buy there prices are listed they want 200 for install. I hate that every place I walk into has crappy over priced vipers.

Yeah I saw the same thing! There too much for what they give you! It is the name your paying for and plus there remotes are TOO sensitive and that is the complains that I hear for the most part!

blazinlow89 said:
$190 isnt bad for an install. I was quoted 5 hours at $85 an hour, plus parts :eek:.

BB here said $150 plus labor. I expected around $200 to do the full thing.

No good on the price, think im going to attempt it.

WOW!! Not even a stealership would charge that....hmmm you know what they might! They take there time to get the most from you lol But 5 hours? It takes 1 and a half to 2 hrs max at a place that is good and maybe 2 and a half if its a brand new system they just got in.
 

GregT

Original poster
Member
Jan 12, 2012
58
ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I saw the same thing! There too much for what they give you! It is the name your paying for and plus there remotes are TOO sensitive and that is the complains that I hear for the most part!



WOW!! Not even a stealership would charge that....hmmm you know what they might! They take there time to get the most from you lol But 5 hours? It takes 1 and a half to 2 hrs max at a place that is good and maybe 2 and a half if its a brand new system they just got in.

So you did find a dealer that actually sold Excalibur? I'm afraid I won't find a dealer in my area. Not that I can't get it installed still just want some near by support. You mentioned that your bypass is no good why whats it doing? I know these Excalibur have blade technology where you can slid a card in the unit and that becomes you bypass. You still can use the traditional one too.
 

blazinlow89

Member
Jan 25, 2012
2,088
GregT said:
I don't know where you got that quote but that's a rip off. If your not comfortable doing a install. I would not even attempt it you don't want to mess it up and end up paying more to get it fixed.

Very few things are out of my comfort level, I have done them before but is has been a long time.

ItsOnVoy said:
Yeah I saw the same thing! There too much for what they give you! It is the name your paying for and plus there remotes are TOO sensitive and that is the complains that I hear for the most part!



WOW!! Not even a stealership would charge that....hmmm you know what they might! They take there time to get the most from you lol But 5 hours? It takes 1 and a half to 2 hrs max at a place that is good and maybe 2 and a half if its a brand new system they just got in.

I got the quote mainly for a friend, and to see if it was worth it letting someone else do it for me. As for them taking there time I think that was just his way of trying to push his in store directed stuff on me. His excuse was that he was unfamiliar with the system.
 

ItsOnVoy

Member
Nov 21, 2011
2,401
GregT said:
So you did find a dealer that actually sold Excalibur? I'm afraid I won't find a dealer in my area. Not that I can't get it installed still just want some near by support. You mentioned that your bypass is no good why whats it doing? I know these Excalibur have blade technology where you can slid a card in the unit and that becomes you bypass. You still can use the traditional one too.

What I found was not a dealer. They are a shop that does installs for custom work (remote starters, speakers, subs, HU, heated seats etc etc). I called that place asking them if they sold the compustar that I was looking at and they told me about Astro State which was a good brand and when I went there the guy told me about the Excalibur and how it is better etc. So I went with that system! So try that site and see what there is around you and make some phone calls and see what they sell and if they can install what you have and how much also!

My bypass is bad I think. The truck will not turn the engine on when remote started but everything else turns on (lights, heat etc). But yet my remote will show me that the engine is running so the bypass is not seeing that the trucks engine is off and not on I think. So I need to go and have them change that and hopefully it is fixed and does not turn out to be my truck! Which I think it is the bypass. Truck is in great condition
 

Forum Statistics

Threads
23,480
Posts
639,808
Members
18,707
Latest member
obd

Members Online