OK my wife is losing it

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
We had dinner at a friend's house last night. As we were leaving my wife asks if I took my contacts out when I went to the Envoy a little earlier. I just look at her. She goes, "Yeah your contacts." Me, "Um, i don't need them anymore, remember?" Her, "Oh, I forgot."

I haven't needed glasses or contacts for 5 years since I finally got LASIK.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I got lens implants about five years ago due to early onset cataracts. Went from 20/500 nearsighted to 20/15 eagle eyes.

Mrs. Roadie's reaction? Started wearing flannel nightgowns. :hopeless:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I'm thinking about getting Lasik, army covers it, just a long waiting list and I have to be out of action for like 4 months -.-

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
i got lasik and i wouldn't do it again if i had the choice. i got it because i spend a lot of time on and in the water, so glasses and contacts don't work well.

i have pretty bad glare at night and lost my extreme near vision (less than 9")

lots of people have good experiences, for me the side effects weren't worth getting rid of glasses.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I had PRK surgery. Best $3,500 I have ever spent. Its awesome not having to mess with contacts or glasses.

animal

Dec 4, 2011
My near vision is not as good as it was prior to my surgery but for me it was well worth it. I love not having to deal with the glasses or contacts anymore.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
my mother had this surgery years ago, but still needs her glasses from time to time... she's always encouraging me to get it done, but im skeptical. I've worn contacts for about 20 years now, so it doesn't bother me at all lol.. just part of the routine.

Reactions: Capote

Mark20

Original poster
Dec 6, 2011
The_Roadie said:
I got lens implants about five years ago due to early onset cataracts. Went from 20/500 nearsighted to 20/15 eagle eyes.

Mrs. Roadie's reaction? Started wearing flannel nightgowns. :hopeless:
I was 20/400 so not far behind you. Wore gas permeable contacts for 25 years but my eyes started rejecting them. Eye doc suggested soft lenses since I had been thinking about LASIK. It took four different pairs before we found one that worked. Man they were comfortable. When work was talking about medical spending accounts I decided to get tested and the rest is history. I'm a little dry in the right eye so it focuses a little closer which is good for reading. I'd do it again if I had to.
animal said:
My near vision is not as good as it was prior to my surgery but for me it was well worth it. I love not having to deal with the glasses or contacts anymore.
The super close near vision was good inspecting things when I wasn't wearing contacts and is the only thing I miss as a result of the LASIK.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online