Oil pressure problem

Lavarcarlos

Original poster
Dec 31, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Ok, so first I want to say thank you for all the help! I was experiencing a issue with oil pressure. Or so I thought. My oil pressure would drop to 0 at idle and I couldn't figure out why. I was told that it may just be the switch. So, I ordered one and got under my truck to change it. The old one was leaking like crazy! I got the new one slapped in and 5 days and about 400 miles later I have yet to have an oil pressure issue. Again, thank you for all the advice. Now, I'm on to the thermostat and coolant temperature sensor. Will someone please tell me that I don't need a crows foot to remove the temperature sensor? I saw one guy use one and the sensor sheared off! Can I just clip the wire and use a socket for removal?

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
A crows foot won't work, there's a relief the coolant sensor sits in. You need a socket with a slot cut in it.
Wrap the sensor with a turn or two of teflon tape before you install it.

Lavarcarlos

Original poster
Dec 31, 2018
Atlanta, GA
A crows foot won't work, there's a relief the coolant sensor sits in. You need a socket with a slot cut in it.
Wrap the sensor with a turn or two of teflon tape before you install it.
OK, so a regular socket... Not a deep well? And the Teflon tape is for the threads, correct?

OK, so a regular socket... Not a deep well? And the Teflon tape is for the threads, correct?
Any suggestions for a lowering kit?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Any suggestions for a lowering kit?

Best bang for your buck would be to go to tbssowners.com check out the store by Tony aka Norcal. Belltech front drop struts, rear springs and shocks. Depending how low you want to go you may have to pick up the front upper control arms to get the upper ball joint straightened out.

I've got that set up but haven't installed it yet because I'm finishing up on some stuff I still need powder coated.

Lavarcarlos

Original poster
Dec 31, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Best bang for your buck would be to go to tbssowners.com check out the store by Tony aka Norcal. Belltech front drop struts, rear springs and shocks. Depending how low you want to go you may have to pick up the front upper control arms to get the upper ball joint straightened out.

I've got that set up but haven't installed it yet because I'm finishing up on some stuff I still need powder coated.
Let me know how it turns out. I was looking at a complete Belltech kit today. Think it was a 3 inch and a 2 inch drop. Would I need control arms for that? Just got new ones a month ago... Think I should build the 4.2 or do a swap?

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
My suspension is not completely stock so it maybe a little different in the end result. I've already got the djm upper control arms installed and my rear upper, lower and pan hard bar are spohn performance. I've also got helper bags that I will be transferring over to the beltech rear springs.

Let me know how it turns out. I was looking at a complete Belltech kit today. Think it was a 3 inch and a 2 inch drop. Would I need control arms for that? Just got new ones a month ago... Think I should build the 4.2 or do a swap?
There is plenty of info on this on here and definitely over at tbssowners.com.

Your ride, your call. I say it all depends on how deep your pocket is and how much wrench/down time all this will take.

Lavarcarlos

Original poster
Dec 31, 2018
Atlanta, GA
My suspension is not completely stock so it maybe a little different in the end result. I've already got the djm upper control arms installed and my rear upper, lower and pan hard bar are spohn performance. I've also got helper bags that I will be transferring over to the beltech rear springs.

There is plenty of info on this on here and definitely over at tbssowners.com.

Your ride, your call. I say it all depends on how deep your pocket is and how much wrench/down time all this will take.
Sounds like either way I've got a good project on my hands. I already got a complete custom exhaust, but that's just the start! In all honesty this is my first domestic project. Up until now everything has been an import.

Reactions: xavierny25

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Whatever you do decide on start your own build thread on it. This way you can collect as much info as you may need. There are already a few build thread here that will and can help you make this a whole lot easier.

Once my Voy stops being my wife's daily drive it's going into my shop and getting a huge engine overhaul. I'm not 100% on what way I'm going to go with it just yet but it's for sure going to put a dent in my bank account.

D

Deleted member 20902

Need a deep well, just get a cheap 3/4" socket and slot it using a right angle grinder I made this one like 6 years ago lol

You'll want to use a few extensions and remove the bolts from the thermostat from the wheel well. You will also need to remove the bolts from the alternator and slide it forward a few inches. If you do it this way you'll get done in fairly short order and probably won't even get mad enough to throw tools across the yard!

:2thumbsup:

Attachments

• 20190201_214233.jpg
    20190201_214233.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190201_214251.jpg
    20190201_214251.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 8

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Please stay on-topic (temp sensor removal). Any unrelated topics should be discussed in another thread in the appropriate section. Thanks.

Reactions: JerryIrons

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Please stay on-topic (temp sensor removal). Any unrelated topics should be discussed in another thread in the appropriate section. Thanks.

Was thinking same when I saw this earlier, but didn't want to be a nanny... I ain't a moderator. LOL

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online