Oil pan reinstall, pickup tube in way

RizzKid3

Original poster
Jul 20, 2022
United states
I am reinstalling my oil pan on my 2004 Chevy trailblazer 4.2L LS after replacing my timing chain and I am having troubles getting my pan back into place because of my sway bar and my oil pick up tube. Any recommendations or tips to help? Yes my steering rack is out of the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    660.6 KB · Views: 16

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
Download, Save and Review this Entire Video as The BEST Step-By-Step Timing Chain R&R AND Crank-Case-Oil-Pan R&R available. This Viewing shows you What MUST Be Done in the Orders these Steps MUST be taken:

Don't take this the Wrong Way... It would be a mistake to do that... But... After looking at your attached image, the only things I'm concerned about is that you might be 're-installing' your Oil Pan in the same condition as a Well Worn Carnival Toilet.

Also, if that is how bad the Oil Pan, the Oil Pick Up Tube looks, then the best thing to do is to pour in a couple gallons of Berryman's Chem-Dip for a Three Hour Soak.

THIS is the Crank-Case Oil-Pan after it was under a 2002 Trailblazer 4.2L Engine for 246,000 Miles... but as you can see ...it WILL Clean Up AFTER using Berryman's Chem-Dip.

Then fish out the cleaned up Oil Pick-Up Tube and install it with either the Blue "O" Ring for the 2003-2004 Trailblazer and Envoys or use the Flat Orange Rubber Impregnated one onto the Updated version of the Timing Cover & Gerotor Pump with the smooth bore deeper inlet.

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't remember having issues getting the pan back on after my chain R&R, even with the splash tray that came on the early years. If it came out, it should go back in. Maybe undo the engine mounts and lift the engine up a bit for extra clearance.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online