Oil pan gasket ac delco actually oem gm?

Hawaiianbasshead

Original poster
May 2, 2021
Kailua Kona HI
So I've seen ac delco mexican parts and such so is there an actual part number to look into.? The one's I seen on amazon and ebay seem the same... part 12612350?

I have a red oil pickup o ring on the way and fel-pro rear main and gasket but when we put it on my buddies lift seemed more like oil pan. All around pan not much above front being worst gunked. Weep hole and bell housing check cover seemed much cleaner than everywhere else covered so figured pickup o ring and pan gasket will be the 1st attempt. My buddy does his own work including plumbing his k swap mr2 turbo and forged internals so far as mechanically I trust him. Just want to be sure something ls specific doesn't make it overly complicated. He also was the one who told me genuine oem would be better than ac delco which is an oem equivalent..? I said I'm sure some are but I told him I'm also pretty sure some ac delco is gm oem... Just determining the 2 off google seems challenging for me atm 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️ the ac delco on amazon I linked seemed to have a fair number of complaints but maybe some didn't rtv the corners, some specified they did is another reason for my skepticism. I'm 2wd but still doesn't seem like a fun job at all... pic after lift/lights just for fun, top one is before lift. Haven't taken a ton I'll get more after rims/tires maybe next week...

Attachments

• CollageMaker_20210904_165141076.jpg
    CollageMaker_20210904_165141076.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 6

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
"My buddy does his own work including plumbing his k swap mr2 turbo and forged internals so far as mechanically I trust him."

:blinkhuh:

"He also was the one who told me genuine oem would be better than ac delco which is an oem equivalent..?"

:blinkhuh:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I think what @MRRSM was trying to convey was the confusion. OEM is ACDelco.
Its like FoMoCo and Ford. Its the same thing.

I dont recommend buying any ACD or OEM part off of Amazon. There are a lot of chinese knock offs there. I was a victim myself on a O2 sensor, and there were a few members that got snookered on spark plugs.

I cant help you with the gaskets/orings, I have gotten lucky, and mine is still dry, 202k miles later! Maybe @Mooseman can help?

Reactions: Hawaiianbasshead

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
ACDelco is GM OEM. You buy a part at the dealer parts counter, it will be in ACDelco packaging.

For gaskets, I have no trouble using Fel-Pro and when you buy the oil pan kit, it should include both styles of o-rings. Or is that the timing gasket set. I can't remember which but you can buy the o-rings seperately.

C heck RockAuto for prices instead of fleabay or Amazon, both of which can have dubious origins.

Reactions: Hawaiianbasshead

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online