Oil lines leaking

Blade

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So now the good news is that the oil lines coming from the oil filter housing are leaking. Apparently it happens on these trucks very often. I hate going to the dealership but the warranty makes me do it.

The Trailblazer is still running like a champ with well over 100k miles. I hope this $60k wonder truck begins to display some of the long term reliability that I thought I was going to get. When I purchased it with 25k miles I thought that it would have had the usual trouble spots cured and it would be ready to provide me with reliable transportation. :frown:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
I think I've done them on every GM model that has them. Big trucks, little trucks, big vans, bigger vans, and those massive G-series box things too. If I ever owned one that had them I'd make my own lines that would not use those crappy compression fittings.

Blade

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
MAY03LT said:
I think I've done them on every GM model that has them. Big trucks, little trucks, big vans, bigger vans, and those massive G-series box things too. If I ever owned one that had them I'd make my own lines that would not use those crappy compression fittings.

totally agree! Why would they do that then not cover it on warranty! Oh it is a hose and hoses and belts are not covered! Took it to my local mechanic and saved $200 over the dealership. What a crappy design.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online