Oil leaking at end of Oil Pressure Sending Unit

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I just was out at my truck and I noticed a 1 sq foot oil spot on the ground. Popped the hood and I see a droplet of oil dripping out of the end of the oil pressure sending unit about every 3 seconds. The green clip is broken at the part where it secures around the stub on the end of the sending unit. When I pulled the wiring harness out of it, it leaked even faster, barely staying in as it is. I checked my oil and it's half a quart low. Looks like a pretty fast leak. I'm gonna try and crossover two zip-ties as a band-aid, that's the most I can do right now. I don't want the connector falling out.

Edit: I looked up the connector, looks like you have no choice, but to cut the wires and put in crimp or solder in a new one. No parts stores carry this, so gonna have to next-day ship with RockAuto.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=3478179&cc=1424281&jsn=10798
61BLZwa-9KL._SX463_.jpg

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
Get a new sensor. :2thumbsup: oil is supposed to stay behind that.

Reactions: Redbeard and Capote

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah sounds like the switch itself is busted. Kinda like the CPAS connector leak.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah sounds like the switch itself is busted. Kinda like the CPAS connector leak.
*sigh* i'll add that to that cart. Did next day shipping...

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Last edited:

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Stopped the leak for now. Gotta another problem with semi-rough idle and a really loud lifter sound. This thing was running great, now its starting to act up like my old motor.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
That might get more involved. Might as well start a new thread for that problem.

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
That might get more involved. Might as well start a new thread for that problem.
I have a few ides what could be the issue, i'll just troubleshoot and make a thread if i'm not getting anywhere.
I'm a tad confused,this is on the batblazer? Didn't your engine die or already got a replacement in there?
Yes we swapped it out for the other one I had in my storage unit. That one was performed with some OCD maintenance, so my current issue most likely is an accessory problem. But I don't want to get off-topic on this thread.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Don't you have the sender/switch from the other engine? If it's still good, just swap it out. That's where the oil is coming from. The connector is designed to keep water out, not oil in.

Reactions: Redbeard

Capote

Original poster
Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Don't you have the sender/switch from the other engine? If it's still good, just swap it out. That's where the oil is coming from. The connector is designed to keep water out, not oil in.
That one was leaking worse than this one.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ah well, a new one it is.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online