Oil Leak Stop - Rear Main

Maverick6587

Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
I just wanted to make a quick note on a product that worked wonders for my rear main seal leak I had. I'm not a sponsor and not getting paid to say this, I just like to point out good products that actually worked for me.

ATP AT-205 re-seal - It's around $10-$15 for a bottle.
1 bottle per 6 qts of oil. It can be used in almost any oil, except brake fluid.

View attachment 87642

It's not a normal leak stop, it's like a rubber conditioner I guess. So, you don't have to worry about any goop sludging any oil up. I had a pretty consistent rear main leak that would leave a spoon-full of oil on the ground every night. After a few days of driving with the ATP in the oil it's all gone now and has not returned so far after about a month. I changed my engine oil a week after I put the ATP in it to stop the rear main leak. I still plan on replacing the rear main seal, but not until the warm weather hits.

I put this in my front diff a few weeks ago, I had a leak coming from the front axle shaft seal. I'm going to check that this weekend to see how well it took care of a heavy gear oil leak. I also plan on replacing that seal, but not until I get my transfer case and front u-joint replaced.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Checked on Amazon and reviews seem favourable. Not cheap here though at $32CAD for an 8oz bottle.

Maverick6587

Original poster
Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
That's crazy that it's so much more there from the same site.
It's $9.99 on Amazon for me.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yup. Realities of living in Canuckistan :frown:

• Haha
Reactions: Maverick6587

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86