Oil Cooler lines

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
I've been noticing a little oil sitting below the radiator. Crawled under and it looks like the oil cooler lines are seeping, no big leaks I can see. Is this normal, or should I replace them?

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
Leaks are never "normal". They may take a long time to get worse, or not long at all, who knows, if it's a slight leak you probably have some time. You can replace them, or patch them (I patched my transmission lines with copper tubing years ago).

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
Thanks. I went online and found that these oil cooler lines are a constant problem, so since we're headed to Arizona in a couple of weeks towing a travel trailer, I ordered some Genuine GM parts oil cooler lines to replace them, don't wanna lose my oil on a hot mountain pass. The lines had been replaced on the 94 in 2013, so figured it was time. They say "CHina" all over them, I hope the Genuine GM parts lines are genuine USA.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
They say China? Where did you buy these?

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
The lines that are on the Burb and leaking say China on them, I figure that's why they are failing since they were installed in 2013 by the previous owner (via Carfax). The ones I've ordered are brand name AC Delco, I just hope they aren't from china.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Sterling Heights, Michigan
My own experience... All of the ACDelco parts I buy either say China or Mexico on them. The only part that has failed me so far is the reman ACDelco alternator.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
Funny enough or not, the only Mexico part I've seen is that reman alternator. It was squealing on two different replacement alternators. Now I'm going for the original (non-reman) alternator.

LVJJJ

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Blaine WA
I recently went thru two alternators, nut holding the pulley on came off while towing up a steep mtn pass and it started screaming, kept going made to a gas station at the top, belt barely hanging on. Found a reman at small NAPA on Sunday, made it home, then it crapped out. Got another one at local NAPA it didn't last long, tried a 3rd and its still going good, does have a little hum to it when idling but charges good so not going to touch it.

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
So long as they are AC Delco it won't matter where they are made. It's common to have rusted transmission cooler lines. I spliced in tubing on mine on my old Trailblazer. I just had the line on my Sierra replaced because one was leaking. And the shop said the same thing, you don't save much by not using AC Delco branded lines.

Maverick6587

Dec 16, 2018
I recently went thru two alternators, nut holding the pulley on came off while towing up a steep mtn pass and it started screaming, kept going made to a gas station at the top, belt barely hanging on. Found a reman at small NAPA on Sunday, made it home, then it crapped out. Got another one at local NAPA it didn't last long, tried a 3rd and its still going good, does have a little hum to it when idling but charges good so not going to touch it.
Luckily I was just replacing the original alternator before mine crapped out on my with 160,000 miles on it. It's an extra $25 or so for the non reman, so not a huge savings with the reman. Both of those remans instantly started squealing though. Bought them both from Amazon, maybe RockAuto has better storage of their components. That's where I'm buying the next one from.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online