OffRoadTB.com

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Out of curiosity, are you guys bailing out from that forum too? :confused:

Would be nice to have everyone under the same umbrella again, no? :yes:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
With the extent of information over there I would see it more likely that offroad forum here would link directly to that site.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I may propose the linkage. There's no discussion about a merger, although many of the reasons for setting up ORTB are also met here. We are sister sites in the best sense of the word. But the level of interest in welding and major fabrication is higher. Let's see what happens.

GMTN could have been formed more simply as a "NON-OFFROAD" forum over on OTRB, you realize. :wink:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
I may propose the linkage. There's no discussion about a merger, although many of the reasons for setting up ORTB are also met here. We are sister sites in the best sense of the word. But the level of interest in welding and major fabrication is higher. Let's see what happens.

GMTN could have been formed more simply as a "NON-OFFROAD" forum over on OTRB, you realize. :wink:

I am hoping we will be completely cooperative sister sites. Back and forth linking not only allowed, but encouraged! A merger in the future is never out of the realm of possibilities. First we gotta make sure we can pay the bills though!! No... not the Bill's, the bills.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
Ghoster said:
First we gotta make sure we can pay the bills on the new server now that Stef joined.

Fixed. Look what you did Stef, you being a pic whore is getting pricey :biggrin:

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
They do seem that they should link for certain aspects.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Basically agreeing with what roadies stated. The one thing that you don't realize is that most of us on ORTB are/were still members at TV, just not as active. We use it for general reference of the information that is already there instead of recreating the information. It is always better to get the info where there is more input on the same subject. You already know our presence is here, probably stronger than you think, and I am sure it will continue to grow.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
djthumper said:
Basically agreeing with what roadies stated. The one thing that you don't realize is that most of us on ORTB are/were still members at TV, just not as active. We use it for general reference of the information that is already there instead of recreating the information. It is always better to get the info where there is more input on the same subject. You already know our presence is here, probably stronger than you think, and I am sure it will continue to grow.

Yep...GMTN in no way replaces ORTB, and yep, most of us were on TV, still, as well...

Mike

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
As ortb could never replace TV or now this site.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
As ortb could never replace TV or now this site.

Exactly... They're just... Different... Good sister sites, but one isn't a replacement for the other...

Mike

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Bartonmd said:
Exactly... They're just... Different... Good sister sites, but one isn't a replacement for the other...

Mike

:iagree: 100%

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
:iagree:

Hence the need to be able to link between the two and cooperate in harmony!

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Ebony and ivory
Live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard

oh..... oops.....was that out loud??:redface:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Ghoster said:
Ebony and ivory
Live together in perfect harmony
Side by side on my piano keyboard

oh..... oops.....was that out loud??:redface:

Showing your age?

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
djthumper said:
Showing your age?
Careful...I believe senior citizens are considered a "protected class". :raspberry: :rotfl:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
the roadie said:
I've been called a member of a "classless class." Or what that "clueless class?"

I was called a class clown. Does that count?:biggrin:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
harmless said:
I think you're both right, on your own merits. :biggrin:

Flame suit ON! :explode: :rotfl:

Its probably not the best thing to poke at the guy with the keys to the building!:smiley_kill:

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Ghoster said:
Its probably not the best thing to poke at the guy with the keys to the building!:smiley_kill:

:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

If ya haven't figured it out by now, everyone has always been fair game for me. :raspberry:

72689d1281390200-lulz-thread-how-i-learned-stop-worrying-laugh-bit-1156116040199.jpg

:grouphug:

:biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

ChevyTBLover

Nov 21, 2011
:iagree: Lamberts is the place to be!! I drive 7 hours and pick friends up on my way. Their rolls are soooo good.:yes:

Ghoster

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 18, 2011
Any place that would throw me a roll would be my kinda place!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
If you get a good crowd in there then it turns into more of a roll war with tables throwing rolls back and forth across the dining room at each other. Fun times!

harmless

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
:dielaugh::dielaugh::dielaugh:

We're all like a bunch of ADHD kids who just saw something shiny ROLL across the floor! :biggrin: :rotfl:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
This entire operation is one HUGE off-topic party, where it's always silly season.

I must conclude it's the calming influence of NOOBS that normally keeps us in check. So put on your helmets and let in the noobs!

View attachment 16541

Attachments

• there%u00252Bis%2Bnothing%2Bsillier%2Bthan%2Bcatz%2Bin%2Bhelmtz.jpg
    there%u00252Bis%2Bnothing%2Bsillier%2Bthan%2Bcatz%2Bin%2Bhelmtz.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 30

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher