Offroading

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
Hey guys this is a few questions in one post btw and so i Just recently got 33s and a lift done and im planning on going up wheelin soon and testing it out. Everything is dialed in so far, but i have read about some issues other guys had about sway bar links breaking while offroading. Im just wondering if you have to be wheelin hard to actually break the link or if its prone to breaking even just from light offroading?

Also, Im trying to find out if my rig has all the necessary mods for doin some decent stuff offroad with 33s and the lift it has on. As far as decent offroad stuff goes i just mean like hill climbs, trails that have some off camber ruts, maybe some small rock garden trails, river bed trails, ect. To be honest Im not too sure how capable this rig is as ive only offroaded it in stock form. I know what it can do stock but What can i expect or what should i expect it to be able to do with the way its setup now. As im sure you can tell, Im pretty new to offroading in general so any tips as far as offroading goes would be greatly appreciated too! On front end parts I have new outer TRES, new CVs, shocks, and 1 inch adapters Front and back and i think thats about it, everything else is looken in good condition and has no rips in any of the boots. If theres any recommended things i should do before i go wheelin, plz let me know.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
you dont want swaybars offroad since they limit flex. Depending on what lift you may need to watch the front end if you did a bolt on death lift and not an inside strut one. With 33s I was doing enough I had jeep guys chasing me around to know how I built mine. My build thread has years of pics of what 33s will do on these.

Reactions: 02trailblazerLS

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
you dont want swaybars offroad since they limit flex. Depending on what lift you may need to watch the front end if you did a bolt on death lift and not an inside strut one. With 33s I was doing enough I had jeep guys chasing me around to know how I built mine. My build thread has years of pics of what 33s will do on these.
Okay thanks for the info, im gonna be using this as more of an overlander and a daily driver, so id like it to be capable of some decent stuff offroad and still drive decent on road. And To be honest I probably wont be doing as hard of stuff as youve done especially since im just gettin started offroading. As far as lift goes, i have the belltech adjustable shocks, there for the trailblazer and they adjust up to 2.5 inches of lift. There similar to the adjustable bilstein 5100s. Other than that it just has a 2 inch body lift. I have both swaybars on but i wouldnt mind taking Off the rear sway bar and doing the front swaybar quick disconnects too but ive read doing that can make it a bit sketchy for daily driving on road. Correct me if im wrong though! And Unbolting the rear sway bar looks relatively easy to me, i dont have much mechanic experience but i think i could get it off without bringin it to a shop. Not 100% sure though. For the front disconnects i need to research more on, i dont know much about them. And @HARDTRAILZ Ive seen some the pics of the stuff youve been through in a TB and ive watched the Tecore videos, what you guys have been thru in these trailblazers is insane and truly inspiring. Seeing them keep up with the jeeps just puts a huge smile on my face and it Makes me so proud to have a TB!

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I did far more offroading when it was a DD. It was built and used for overlanding for 5 or so years. 500 miles each way to wheel 100 miles and back to work on Monday. Tecore was when it was DDer.

You wont even know the rear is gone. The front with some easy to build bolt on quick disco is the way to go. Barton has parts list on ORTB. I built them with pins and with just bolting on n off and the bolts are far less work and no big deal to pop on n off.

02trailblazerLS

Original poster
Mar 3, 2020
windsor
I did far more offroading when it was a DD. It was built and used for overlanding for 5 or so years. 500 miles each way to wheel 100 miles and back to work on Monday. Tecore was when it was DDer.

You wont even know the rear is gone. The front with some easy to build bolt on quick disco is the way to go. Barton has parts list on ORTB. I built them with pins and with just bolting on n off and the bolts are far less work and no big deal to pop on n off.
Hey @HARDTRAILZ quick question, are the stock sway bar links relatively easy to break? Im planning on goin to a ohv park soon to test the new tires out, but im worried bout breakin the stock links up there cuz Ive read some guys have had problems with their sway bar links while offroad.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
No. The links don’t break. They tend to loosen with or without off-roading though.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175