Official Sound of Tri-State Dover "Car Show / Meet" Thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
So here is the Official Sound of Tri-State Dover "Car Show / Meet" Thread........
The event is May 20th (it's a Sunday). The Location is Dover, DE. Registration is $20 if you wish to show.
Otherwise it is free to spectate and chill.

Address is 411 Legislative Avenue. Dover, DE. 19901.

ThunderJamz May20th Dover Delaware Sound of Tri-State Car Show Registration.

(It is best if we meet somewhere beforehand so that those who are showing can park together)
Will post a meet time soon

Please add to the list if you wish to attend
1. mikeinde
2. 03TB93
3. may03LT
4. DARKASS04EXT (possibly a possibility)
5. 07ChevyTruck

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Mike, count me in buddy :wootwoot:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Add me to the list as well.:biggrin:

Mike I'm not sure if you can edit the first post, if you can't let me know and I'll take care of it.:cool:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
I'm in. :thumbsup:

Posted a question in the other thread about food. Are we going to tailgate or will the event have vendors selling food? :undecided:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
hey guys. not sure the roads you use to get down to dover. but when it gets closer we can talk about meeting before hand to get a possible convoy goin to roll down together.. :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
hey guys. not sure the roads you use to get down to dover. but when it gets closer we can talk about meeting before hand to get a possible convoy goin to roll down together.. :thumbsup:

I would be taking 95 south to Rt. 13 or Rt. 1 depending upon where the address is actually in Dover.

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
07ChevyTruck said:
Posted a question in the other thread about food. Are we going to tailgate or will the event have vendors selling food? :undecided:

I haven't been to one of their shows in forever so I don't know.:undecided:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
I would be taking 95 south to Rt. 13 or Rt. 1 depending upon where the address is actually in Dover.

sweet ill be coming up 95 north. we can posibly meet at the exit that we get off at,, but well talk when the time gets closer :cool:

Hmmm,, havent heard from mike ina while. hope hes still good. haha :undecided:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
MAY03LT said:
I haven't been to one of their shows in forever so I don't know.:undecided:

Maybe Mike might know if not I think it would be a good idea to plan to bring some food and drinks.

03TB93 said:
sweet ill be coming up 95 north. we can posibly meet at the exit that we get off at,, but well talk when the time gets closer :cool:

Hmmm,, havent heard from mike ina while. hope hes still good. haha :undecided:

Good idea we can talk more once the date gets closer, and you have a good question there. :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
ya im gonna bring drinks and snacks regardless i think. but im deff lookin forward to it :wootwoot:

By the way jim, what do you drive??

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Hey Fellas! sorry i was away from my PC all wknd. (i met a new chick :wootwoot:smile:

I agree with Dan, I am probly just gonna bring snacks and drinks. I am pretty sure they do have a food vendor though. We can always have someone who is not showing do a McD's run too (just a thought, haha).

If my memory is correct: when we get off route1, the destination is very close. i.e. we wouldnt be on 13 for too long, it's mostly route1. I think there is a toll at that route1 "off-exit", maybe we could meet just pass the toll, whatya all think?

sorry I was AWOL and missed the good questions. so is everybody that's coming gonna show?
hope i answered everything that may have been directed at me :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
ya im gonna bring drinks and snacks regardless i think. but im deff lookin forward to it :wootwoot:

By the way jim, what do you drive??

2007 Chevy Colorado Regular Cab. Only has 20,700 miles on it right now.

mikeinDE said:
Hey Fellas! sorry i was away from my PC all wknd. (i met a new chick :wootwoot:smile:

I agree with Dan, I am probly just gonna bring snacks and drinks. I am pretty sure they do have a food vendor though. We can always have someone who is not showing do a McD's run too (just a thought, haha).

If my memory is correct: when we get off route1, the destination is very close. i.e. we wouldnt be on 13 for too long, it's mostly route1. I think there is a toll at that route1 "off-exit", maybe we could meet just pass the toll, whatya all think?

sorry I was AWOL and missed the good questions. so is everybody that's coming gonna show?

Oh okay. If people post up I can bring a cooler filled with whatever soda we want and some bottled water. I know on hot days water seems to get real popular real fast. :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
mikeinDE said:

Thats a valid excuse mike (seeing a new lady):thumbsup: lol. but ya man. im good with meeting wherever :cool:

07ChevyTruck said:
2007 Chevy Colorado Regular Cab. Only has 20,700 miles on it right now.
Oh okay. If people post up I can bring a cooler filled with whatever soda we want and some bottled water. I know on hot days water seems to get real popular real fast. :thumbsup:

Sweet man, do you have anything done to the truck? either way, i like it :thumbsup: haha.

But i will bring other things if we need them.. i have plastic cups from the last meet, and ill bring chips or something else.
Im gettin excited fellas!! :wootwoot:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Hey Dan, as it gets closer we will make a more definite plan on where we can meet up and what time.

Kris!---you suck, nah man just playing, it's all good :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Jovo said:
Unfortunately I cannot make this one.. Have a great time fellas, enjoy!

Dammit Kris!! cmon man.. lol bummer! i expect you to be at carlisle tho :cool::thumbsup::wootwoot:

And sounds good mike :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
Sweet man, do you have anything done to the truck? either way, i like it :thumbsup: haha.

But i will bring other things if we need them.. i have plastic cups from the last meet, and ill bring chips or something else.
Im gettin excited fellas!! :wootwoot:

The sound system has been upgraded with a kenwood 6960 head unit and small kenwood amp. Along with alpine speakers in the doors.

I had the truck tuned for better fuel econ. and proformance. ( It's not a race truck. )

It has an LED 3rd brake light and drls.

Also, it has an 1.5" body lift and t-bar crank and shackles from smaxx along with wheels and tires from an 09 Canyon giving it around 3.5" of lift.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
The sound system has been upgraded with a kenwood 6960 head unit and small kenwood amp. Along with alpine speakers in the doors.

I had the truck tuned for better fuel econ. and proformance. ( It's not a race truck. )

It has an LED 3rd brake light and drls.

Also, it has an 1.5" body lift and t-bar crank and shackles from smaxx along with wheels and tires from an 09 Canyon giving it around 3.5" of lift.

Dam sweet man!! :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing that!!!

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
Dam sweet man!! :thumbsup: looking forward to seeing that!!!

So far nobody has anything bad to say about it. So I must have done a few things right. :biggrin::rotfl:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
So far nobody has anything bad to say about it. So I must have done a few things right. :biggrin::rotfl:

hahaha ya man! the lift probly looks sick! u cant go wrong with that! i cant wait to see it :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
hahaha ya man! the lift probly looks sick! u cant go wrong with that! i cant wait to see it :thumbsup:

Thank you. :biggrin:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
dang Jim, your truck sounds like a sharp ride!! :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
mikeinDE said:
dang Jim, your truck sounds like a sharp ride!! :thumbsup:

Mike it's getting there. Still have some stuff I want to do to it.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Shit.... i just got pulled over on my way to school for my front window tint :frown: does anyone know what will happen if i rip it off, get it inspected, get it done again, and than whatif i got caught the second time? lol. is that when id get the citation?? Citation=$130 :eek:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Mike it's getting there. Still have some stuff I want to do to it.

I hear ya bro, mine's the same way. It'll never be done......

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
Shit.... i just got pulled over on my way to school for my front window tint :frown: does anyone know what will happen if i rip it off, get it inspected, get it done again, and than whatif i got caught the second time? lol. is that when id get the citation?? Citation=$130 :eek:

Dan, what'd he give you?....a warning?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Dan it would depend on the officer and what the MD state law says about window tinting. If the officer that pulled you over says it's too dark then you have to remove it or risk getting pulled over everytime an officer sees it.

I would suggest looking up what the law or laws are about tinting.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Ya he gave me a warning a said i have to take it off, get it inspected, signed off on, and than brought to the police station to turn in the paperwork that i was checked out. Im wondering if i got it re tinted after that and got caught, would it be an automatic ticket :undecided:
either way i guess its gotta come off :sadcry: :rolleyes: haha

And ya jim im gonna do that. i respect everything cops and troopers do for this country.. but DAM THEM!! lol

And ya mike it was just a warning so thats good,, it coulda been worse..

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Ok guys, got some new info. Pre-registration is via the link in the first post, or you can go to any Sound of Tri-State location and pre-register there. Pre-registration is $20. You can also register the day of the show, cost for that will be $30. ShowCars will be allowed to start parking at 9am. Judging starts at Noon.

Looking at the map below, Court Street is where we wanna turn onto. There is a WAWA on Rte 13 at the Corner of Court Street. This will be our meet spot!! Meet time will be between 8:30 and 8:45...

[GMAP]http://maps.google.com/maps?q=legislative+ave+dover-de&hl=en&ll=39.157819,-75.517058&spn=0.007853,0.013754&gbv=2&hnear=Legislative+Ave,+Dover,+Kent,+Delaware+19901&gl=us&t=m&z=16[/GMAP]

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Looks good Mike. :thumbsup:

Can you register on line? :undecided:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Looks good Mike. :thumbsup:

Can you register on line? :undecided:

yes sir you sure can, the link I provided in the first post. :yes:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Sweet fellas :thumbsup: lookin forward to it :cool:
Mike, about how many cars/ trucks go each year? is it like a big show with 200 cars, or smaller with about 20 that meet up?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
mikeinDE said:
yes sir you sure can, the link I provided in the first post. :yes:

:duh: I should have looked first before asking. :duh:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:

haha ^ :rotfl: jim, are you planning on showing? :thumbsup:
Also, have you looked how long it will take you to get there, and which road your gonna be driving on?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
haha ^ :rotfl: jim, are you planning on showing? :thumbsup:
Also, have you looked how long it will take you to get there, and which road your gonna be driving on?

I would be planning on showing my truck and I would be taking I-95 to route 1 into Dover, DE. Should take me about 2 hours to get there.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:

It's all good Jim!!

Dan, Haven't been in years, but it should be around 150 cars, approximately, but don't quote me on that :wink:. I think that's about the usual for this show.

Won't be long now!!!!

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
I would be planning on showing my truck and I would be taking I-95 to route 1 into Dover, DE. Should take me about 2 hours to get there.

Ok cool man.

mikeinDE said:
It's all good Jim!!

Dan, Haven't been in years, but it should be around 150 cars, approximately, but don't quote me on that :wink:. I think that's about the usual for this show.

Won't be long now!!!!

Yes Sir!! 12 more days :wootwoot:
And id love to see 150 cars man. id be excited if theres more than 50 lol
Cant wait guys! :cool:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
Ok cool man.

Yes Sir!! 12 more days :wootwoot:
And id love to see 150 cars man. id be excited if theres more than 50 lol
Cant wait guys! :cool: