Official Sound of Tri-State Dover "Car Show / Meet" Thread......

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
DARKASS04EXT said:
Guys, im gonna be last minute on this one. My weekend plans keep changing around some.

It's all good Trey, Just keep us updated when ya find out :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
It's getting closer. :biggrin:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
07ChevyTruck said:
Oh okay. If people post up I can bring a cooler filled with whatever soda we want and some bottled water. I know on hot days water seems to get real popular real fast. :thumbsup:

Just a reminder. :cool:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Just a reminder. :cool:

Thanks jim. Thats nice of you. Ill contribute as well if we need anything else :thumbsup:

10 days boys!! :wootwoot:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
Thanks jim. Thats nice of you. Ill contribute as well if we need anything else :thumbsup:

10 days boys!! :wootwoot:

It's the least I can do.

Right now I'm thinking of bring the following.

1. Coke.
2. Diet Coke
3. Mt. Dew - Seems a lot of guys who drive GM cars and trucks like this soda.
4. Bottled water. Never a bad idea.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
sounds good to me. :cool:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
sounds good to me. :cool:

Unless some one else posts up. That's what I will get. :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Me007gold said:
If I were still living in Ocean City, MD I would be there. Have fun guys

:crackup: Oh you can show up. It's only what an hour or so away from where you live now. :crackup:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
It's the least I can do.

Right now I'm thinking of bring the following.

1. Coke.
2. Diet Coke
3. Mt. Dew - Seems a lot of guys who drive GM cars and trucks like this soda.
4. Bottled water. Never a bad idea.

you da man Jim!! :yes:
I love me some mtn dew, but for the best should probly stick to water :crazy:

A little over a week to go!!!

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
hey guys!! just wanted to see whos still all in and if anyone else wants to join?
We have:
1.Me(Dan)
2. Mike
3.Jim
4.Drew?? (havent heard from you on this thread in while)
5.Trey?? (possibly maybe)

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WANNA JOIN?? :biggrin:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
03TB93 said:
hey guys!! just wanted to see whos still all in and if anyone else wants to join?
We have:
1.Me(Dan)
2. Mike
3.Jim
4.Drew?? (havent heard from you on this thread in while)
5.Trey?? (possibly maybe)

ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE WANNA JOIN?? :biggrin:

Man, what pressure.... If i dont show up there is a 20% no show rate. :no:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Thanks Mike! :thumbsup:

Unless we get more members to sign up I'll bring a 12pk of each soda. :yes:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
MAY03LT said:
I'm still in:cool:

Sweet Drew. I thought you would be :cool:

DARKASS04EXT said:
Man, what pressure.... If i dont show up there is a 20% no show rate. :no:

Ya trey... i dont like those odds.. you should deff come now.. lol. plus, i gotta check out the rims on the EXT. Pics dont do it justice haha :wootwoot:

07ChevyTruck said:
Unless we get more members to sign up I'll bring a 12pk of each soda. :yes:

Sounds good jim. I can bring chips, if you guy like any special kind, let me know :cool:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
I'm not fussy when it comes to chips so any kind will do. :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
All signed up for this one. :thumbsup:

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
03TB93 said:
Ya trey... i dont like those odds.. you should deff come now.. lol. plus, i gotta check out the rims on the EXT. Pics dont do it justice haha :wootwoot:

i changed up the rim design and i have finished my hood stripe, my computer @ home is messed up so i cant upload my updated pics. I did the wheels in black and coated the spoke faces and hub in white. im kinda up in the air on the white, sometimes i love it sometimes im not too fond of it. who knows....

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I signed up yesterday!!

(got some new stuff done over the wknd too!! :biggrin:)

**subliminal message starting**Trey, make it to this**subliminal message done**

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
subliminal message - Mike give us a hint as to the mod or mods you did to the truck. :biggrin:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
subliminal message - Mike give us a hint as to the mod or mods you did to the truck. :biggrin:

I wish I could say that I did them :frown:
But I take my truck to a shop that does all my work, sorry but not mechanically advanced or otherwise.
But anyways I have 2 CARR lightbars on my roof, one facing front and one facing rear, so I finally got 2 pairs of HELLA micro's facing front, and 1 pair of HELLA micro's facing rear, the rear one's are tied into REVERSE gear, I may at a later point ask them to tie them into a switch. Speaking of switches, I got a DAYSTAR rocker panel (mounted on the headliner near my domelight in a great spot) and some green style rockers for 1. the bullbar Hella's, 2. the overhead Hella's, 3. the police lights, 4. the green underglows and green engine neons, and the 5th switch is empty for now, but may put the rear Hella's on to the last switch. The blue tint I had on the headlights, took that off. Then lastly, I got a pair of 8" 20LED amber strips behind the grille, tied into the parking lights. (kinda like one of the guys here on GMT that has blue or superwhite behind his grille, but mine are a little shorter width-wise) They look great but still deciding if I want them to go all the way and tie them into the hazards and signals as well. I think that's about all.
Picked up some green plastic chain for the show, will use that as a "sort-of" crowd control to restrict entry to the doors and hatch, I'll see how that works out

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Oh I see. Well I know electrial can be pretty :yikes: and it's better to have some one who knows how to do that kind of work do it. We will have to make sure we spend some time around our trucks so nobody touches anything we don't want them to. :thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
No Doubt we will be on the prowl looking for ignorant Jerk-Offs, haha!

so check this out, yesterday i was at the stealership. I've had an ongoing issue with my serpentine belt from a couple months ago. it was starting to squeal somewhat bad so when i took it to them a couple months ago, they told me some armorall musta got on it when i cleaned my engine. so i had to pay for a new belt. and they told me if it kept squealing to bring it back and they would lube it up. so i have been back like 2 times since that initial visit a couple months ago, cuz of some random yet not vicious squealing. well i went back yesterday to bring it to their attn yet again. so he told me i needed a new water pump. so 4 hours later, i get a new water pump and yet another new serpentine belt, but at least this time it was all FREEEEEEE! so hopefully i am all set now :hissyfit: haha

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
mikeinDE said:
No Doubt we will be on the prowl looking for ignorant Jerk-Offs, haha!

so check this out, yesterday i was at the stealership. I've had an ongoing issue with my serpentine belt from a couple months ago. it was starting to squeal somewhat bad so when i took it to them a couple months ago, they told me some armorall musta got on it when i cleaned my engine. so i had to pay for a new belt. and they told me if it kept squealing to bring it back and they would lube it up. so i have been back like 2 times since that initial visit a couple months ago, cuz of some random yet not vicious squealing. well i went back yesterday to bring it to their attn yet again. so he told me i needed a new water pump. so 4 hours later, i get a new water pump and yet another new serpentine belt, but at least this time it was all FREEEEEEE! so hopefully i am all set now :hissyfit: haha

Rather be on the prowl looking for good looking young women who likes to have their picture taken with a nice GMT. :biggrin:

Sorry to hear about your problem. I sure hope it's all taken care of. :thumbsup:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Rather be on the prowl looking for good looking young women who likes to have their picture taken with a nice GMT. :biggrin:

:iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::iagree::pictures::yaay::hail:

And mike, i cant wait to see the new mods, i dont think that the TB could be any Sweeter looking, im sure ill be in for a suprise. sounds nasty

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
oh heck yes!!! all about the womens who wanna have their pic taken!! i need to track one down that will let me do a photoshoot of her with BIG BLACK......., heck yes! :salivate:

and Dan, thanks for the compliment, i think you will like the new goodies :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Dan & Mike know what I'm talkin' about. :cool: :biggrin:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Dan & Mike know what I'm talkin' about. :cool: :biggrin:

:thumbsup::wootwoot::thumbsup::wootwoot::thumbsup::wootwoot:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I posted up a few wknds ago, that I met a new chick. well she was supposed to be coming this SUN with me. oh well so much for that, we had a little fall-out today. and she pulled the "you care more about your truck than me" card. oh frikkin well, on to the next!!

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Sucks dude. In the words of Gucci Mane, "Girls like buses, miss one next fifteen one coming."

I didn't know til now that they were starting so early. I have to wait for the misses to get off at 11am then we're heading up. ETA is noon-ish.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
MAY03LT said:
Sucks dude. In the words of Gucci Mane, "Girls like buses, miss one next fifteen one coming."

I didn't know til now that they were starting so early. I have to wait for the misses to get off at 11am then we're heading up. ETA is noon-ish.

True that man! Just tired of being at the bus stop already :confused:

It's all good, see you around noon then :biggrin:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
dam mike, sorry to hear that bro. at least she didnt wait til longer in the relationship to tell you that. i didnt like her anyway if she didnt support your awesome mods :raspberry: :rotfl:
ive been told the same thing before tho, youll find a girl who supports it eventually.. Shell be the keeper :thumbsup:

And cool drew, we will see you than sir :cool:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
03TB93 said:
dam mike, sorry to hear that bro. at least she didnt wait til longer in the relationship to tell you that. i didnt like her anyway if she didnt support your awesome mods :raspberry: :rotfl:
ive been told the same thing before tho, youll find a girl who supports it eventually.. Shell be the keeper :thumbsup:

And cool drew, we will see you than sir :cool:

thanks Dan :thumbsup:

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Mike man that sucks. :frown: She should have gotten to know you better before saying what she did.

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
07ChevyTruck said:
Mike man that sucks. :frown: She should have gotten to know you better before saying what she did.

:iagree:

Alright guys so i have a question. jim idk if youd know if youve never been to this show. hopefully mike will.

Can we all park together? or is there like a seperate spot for the guys that are showing and the guys that are just there (not showing, but have stuff done to thier cars/trucks (like me :biggrin: ) ) And if so, can we save a spot for drew and possiby trey if there coming later?

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
03TB93 said:
:iagree:

Alright guys so i have a question. jim idk if youd know if youve never been to this show. hopefully mike will.

Can we all park together? or is there like a seperate spot for the guys that are showing and the guys that are just there (not showing, but have stuff done to thier cars/trucks (like me :biggrin: ) ) And if so, can we save a spot for drew and possiby trey if there coming later?

I don't know Dan. When I signed up for the show it didn't say anything about judged or non-judged.

DARKASS04EXT

Nov 21, 2011
Mike, sucks to hear that man.. Back in 01 i bought a new 02 T/A WS6, before the purchased i talked it over w/ my then fiance. She told me to go and buy it, i kept calling her the day i bought it to see if i really should. Needless to say after her telling me to buy it all day long, i pulled the trigger and had my new car. The next day i was dumped on my ass, it was supposedly a "test" to see if id spend money on a new car or a place for us. I FAILED.... So be thankful you didnt have 5yrs invested in the relationship along w/ several thousand tied up in a ring.

Good luck on the new search. :thumbsup:

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
yea Jim, she blurted in a fit of anger, oh well, once I get the "sour taste in my mouth" from your stupidity, it's over, there is nothing you can do. I think she tried to apologize but by then, it sucks, but I can't go on like that.

Dang Trey! that blows! I hate those stupid tests. There is no need for them, and I am getting too old for the crap! I just got out of a 4 year relationship last year, so I been playing the field. The girl I lost last year, is certified crazy now. She is infatuated with Adam Lambert and has a shrine dedicated to him in her bedroom. Even with pics of him kissing his bassist guy dude, just threw up in my mouth a little...... **thanks for the luck in my ongoing search!!

Dan, as for your question, show cars and non-show cars will not be able to park next to each other. :frown:
There is a side-lot for spectators to park. Maybe if me and jim get some prime end spots we can be near one of the side lots, and be NEAR your truck, but not next to it.

Speaking of getting prime spots, you guys wanna meet up a little earlier? Since it looks like in the am it'll be me Jim and Dan, you guys wanna meet at Dick's at 7:30? we can be down in Dover a little after 8. Sorry, I am an early freak, I will have alot of cleaning to do, and wanna make sure we get good end spots. Just let me know.

Trying to find someone that knows some chicks that will come. So I can get some nice pics :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timmerk

Members Online