Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the price I'm paying, it better not be!

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, looks like the courier lost my slide topper or it was never shipped. After I put in a request for a refund, the seller finally got off his ass and opened a case with eShipper. Not long after, he issued a refund.

I've been having the worst luck lately with getting stuff delivered at all. I'd order it in the US and have it delivered to MyUSAddress to go pick it up there but they just announced that vaccinated Canadians can return to Canada without isolating or the the Covid hotel starting only on Aug. 9 but the US hasn't said they'd allow Canadians in. Until I hear something, I'll wait and see.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, look what just showed up...

PXL_20210726_152552831_resized922716782191775921.jpg

So I have been refunded and it now arrives. What do I do now? This is almost $600. It's obviously a screw up by the shipping company but it was late with crap tracking that even the seller couldn't find it. Legally, they can't do anything, but morally? I'll wait and see if he contacts me and see what he says. At that point, I think I'll ask they discount it to their cost and without shipping cost as they can get that back from the shipper.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Ordered a compressor for the Escalade, and going to arrive at my house on tuesday. Arrange to have the dealer do the install, so they can also do a PCM/ECM/TCM update.

Go and look at my order, shows arriving Saturday.

Sometimes I really hate Amazon. Seems like everytime I order something, it gets screwed up somehow..

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Sometimes I really hate Amazon. Seems like everytime I order something, it gets screwed up somehow..:iagree:
Ordered an extension cord JUNE 4. It was lost in transit. Amazon sent another one. But the lost one showed up yesterday (that makes 73 days LATE). And to add insult to injury Amazon website says return period already expired! I can use it so I probably will keep it, but as of yet the billing hasn't hit the credit card.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Sometimes I really hate Amazon. Seems like everytime I order something, it gets screwed up somehow..:iagree:
Ordered an extension cord JUNE 4. It was lost in transit. Amazon sent another one. But the lost one showed up yesterday (that makes 73 days LATE). And to add insult to injury Amazon website says return period already expired! I can use it so I probably will keep it, but as of yet the billing hasn't hit the credit card.
Let them know, they may issue you a credit.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I hate UPS. I had a cluster for my Caprice sent from the US (no choice, none here). Since I still can't drive down across the border to pick it up at my PO box (that's a whole 'nother rant), I had it shipped direct. The cluster cost $100USD. Apart from charging $38USD for shipping from Michigan, at delivery, I also get held up at card scanner point by brown for another $58CAD for taxes ($20) and their brokerage fee ($38) for printing a piece of paper. They all charge a fee and they have no choice for taxes, but UPS is by far the most expensive. USPS/Canada Post charge only $5 + the taxes if any. A lot of times, they let stuff like this go tax free.

Next time I'll insist on USPS even if they aren't the fastest or cheapest. UPS may be the best domestically but they're a bunch of thieves internationally.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
If you ever have a package come from overseas and you see it's in ICS Chicago...good luck.

That's USPS customs and is a black hole. Turnaround should be 24-48 hours. My Uncle sent me a legal size envelope and it was there for 14 days. I've seen posts where peoples things have been there for a month or more.

Using a tip I saw posted numerous times, I started a Lost Mail investigation and 4 hours after lodging the request, my envelope moved out of there and less than a day later is in Cleveland.

If you want to get pissed off, Google ICS Chicago South Building and read the reviews.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So my package that is stuck in Memphis... Well its an empty box, and was flagged by FedEx for OS&D (overage, shortage and damage). They dont bother to call anyone, they expect the shipper or receiver to do make the call to find out whats going on.

FedEx Express Expected DEL date: 6/8/2022
Updated Expected DEL date: Unknown

So my Saab continues to sit in the street because I cant get the parts to fix it..
Should have just ordered the eBay no warranty kit.

Last edited:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Fedex really don't give a damn. Smh, My mother-in-law purchased a really expensive($1400.00 jus shy of $1200 with discounts) Balsam hill Christmas tree for the house and this is what the fedex guy decided to do.

come on man like what the FUK

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Fedex really don't give a damn. Smh, My mother-in-law purchased a really expensive($1400.00 jus shy of $1200 with discounts) Balsam hill Christmas tree for the house and this is what the fedex guy decided to do.

come on man like what the FUK

I've been pretty fortunate, to be home when anything fragile was gonna be delivered. I leave the garage door open, as a sign not to act like nobody's watching. :popo:

Eric04

Dec 3, 2014
West Michigan
It has gotten to the point now that when something is shipped Fed Ex we have to watch all the neighbor's porches for our packages. Several times in the past two years we've had items land anywhere but at our house and no other carrier does this.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yep, have had Fedex drop off packages at the right address, wrong street but have had other good experiences with them. Usually the same guy and he's OK. I think it's the temps that are jackwagons. Also had drop offs by Amazon at the wrong street. After a couple of lost packages, I think they finally flagged us to ensure they go to the right place.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Even their pilots are dumb and made fun of...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And this is why I have cameras. An Amazon Canada delivery of a water pressure tank that thankfully wasn't breakable. It's usually Intelcom that does these deliveries however I didn't get their usual spam emails for a review.

Yeah, I'm gonna complain.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Complained directly to Amazon (getting past their chatbot to a real person was horrendous!) with a link to the video and they refunded the item even though I didn't even ask or need that. Nice! Sometimes it's worth it to complain :smile:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Rock Auto ships amazingly fast most times except when they use DHL which must stand for "Delivered Here Late".
My present order originated 80 miles from my door, latest tracking shows it's now two states away..... :hissyfit:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Rock Auto ships amazingly fast most times except when they use DHL which must stand for "Delivered Here Late".
My present order originated 80 miles from my door, latest tracking shows it's now two states away.....
Now the tracking shows it crossing my state and going another two states in the opposite direction.
My last two orders with Rock Auto have been problematic and they have never been easy to deal with when things go bad.
Anyone else feeling a drop off in RA service ?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I recently looked at RA for some brake parts and DHL shipping made it prohibitive, and slower (not surprisingly). They always used to ship by Fedex to Canada and would get it within a week or two. If this is their new business model, they'll lose this country. My previous orders went well and was surprisingly pleased with the speed.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
We live on a country road and our mail box is at the street about 200' from the house, so why not leave a package with Rock Auto stickers right there ...Brain DeadEx.
View attachment 108514

I'm glad I work for freight and not ground/residential.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I am so done with FedEx, they are the worst. I will pay more for UPS before I use them. Today they had 2 items on the truck for delivery to my address, left one at the mail box (200' away) didn't deliver the other and listed it as "I requested them to hold it".
The best part is that they offer no place online to file a complaint in the USA, on the phone you will die waiting. They are myEx ship choice....:rant:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I have the best luck with USPS lately..

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
To continue my rant, they delivered my A/C compressor kit from RA and again left it at the street, this is the third time. I decided to play phone tag with FedEx and after listening to a concert, I got to speak to an Indian sounding lady who was pleasant and hard to understand. She had no concerns about my street deliveries, no matter how many times I tried to get it to sink in to her head. I can't believe that a company can operate like this with no recourse for bad service but, I guess I have to because I'm living it. Fed up with FedEx....

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Well it's happened again, came home from our MH trip only to find that FedEx delivered my 5qt jug of syn. motor oil by just tossing the box in the driveway which cracked the jug and lost about a qt.
Luckily the eBay seller is going to resend but, this is getting old and reporting a delivery problem to them is an exercise in futility ...:uhno:
9ACC5CA2-4FF9-462A-B32C-318F743B9B2F.jpeg

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Well it's happened again, came home from our MH trip only to find that FedEx delivered my 5qt jug of syn. motor oil by just tossing the box in the driveway which cracked the jug and lost about a qt.
Luckily the eBay seller is going to resend but, this is getting old and reporting a delivery problem to them is an exercise in futility ...:uhno:
View attachment 109390

Residential man...so glad I work for Freight! 😬

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
1696254271431.jpg

:laugh:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher