Official FedEX UPS USPS Vent Thread!!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
This is a shoutout to the folks at Amazon. Whose ass was so incredibly lazy, that they barely got the little box inside the bag before trying to seal it, and tossed it in the outgoing bin in this condition?

20210427_134307.jpg

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well at least you got yours. Fedex outright LOST mine and said they delivered it yesterday. BS! I was sitting in my living room right next to the door at the time they said they delivered it. Cameras got nothing neither. Opened a case with them. Called me today and told them it's not here, looked around the house, bla bla bla. Also told them it could have been dropped off on the next street over at a neighbour with the same address but I didn't see it there when I walked by. Best part, it's specialized keto food, including a couple of loafs of bread that have an expiry date. So now I have to wait another 2-3 days. Even if they find it, the bread has a 10 day timeframe and it was shipped on Friday. I doubt they'll find it. At least the seller will reship depending on the investigation. The Fedex driver better not try to BS his way out of it.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Also told them it could have been dropped off on the next street over at a neighbour with the same address but I didn't see it there when I walked by.
Yep, had my package delivered 100 numbers higher(same street), luckily the guy was honest and brought it to me but, who would know if he wasn't ?...

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I also got an Amazon package delivered once to the house 30 digits down from mine on the same street. Good thing those guys take a pic of the package at the door that they send by email and I was able to find it. The guy played dumb and I'm pretty sure he was gonna keep it. He had even opened it. I also got a package for another neighbour that didn't even have a number similar to mine. At least I was honest enough to bring it over to him.

I got a call from Fedex on Tue and they are conducting their "investigation", checking with their driver, their local sorting, bla, bla, bla. I told them of the usual mixup with the street names. She said it would take another 2-3 days. I doubt they'll find it.

• Angry

Beacon

Mar 22, 2019
SouthWestern PA
i ordered a pair of wire cutters ( why does it sound right to say a pair? kinda like a pair of underwear, yet it's only one)
I ordered on tuesday, they promised by thursday, friday morning I checked the tracking, and amazon stated there was a delay, i would have it 4-30 or 5-1... honestly i didn't and still don't care how long it takes, it's point.
friday night, i check the tracking out of curiosity.
It seems as though this package would fit in the mailbox

and the post office is unable to reach my front door!!! I was home at the time they claim and the dog didn't even bark!! and I had a set of rotors, calipers, and pads, delivered to the porch the other day
i can't find the middle finger emoji, if i could it would be appropriate

edited for backstory

Attachments

• 2021-05-01.png
    2021-05-01.png
    178 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Here you go... 🖕

Yeah, mine was declared officially lost yesterday. They tried to contact the driver on her days off and she couldn't remember. Somebody got a lot of free keto stuff. Dishonest bastards. So the seller is resending my order however, they only send out orders with bread Mondays and Tuesdays because of their expiry dates.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hard to follow DHL's routing as there are probably some that are just admin in another office, like the customs stuff in Quebec but really? Wichita?

Friday, 14 May
11:55 AM
Possible delay in delivery due to arrival at incorrect carrier facility
Wichita, KS US

9:07 AM
Arrival Scan
Eastern Quebec Area, QC CA

7:00 AM
Departure Scan
Cincinnati, OH US

1:35 AM
Arrival Scan
Cincinnati, OH US

Thursday, 13 May

9:37 PM
Departure Scan
Kansas City, MO US

6:49 PM
Kansas City, MO US

1:50 PM
Kansas City, MO US

7:30 AM
Arrival Scan
Eastern Quebec Area, QC CA

6:31 AM
Departure Scan
Cincinnati, OH US

12:21 AM
Departure Scan
Erlanger, KY US

Wednesday, 12 May

5:04 PM
Arrival Scan
Erlanger, KY US

1:01 PM
Package departed an Amazon facility
Hebron, KENTUCKY US

10:15 AM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility
Hebron, KENTUCKY US

Package has shipped
Whitestown, IN US

So if I follow this correctly, started in IN, then Amazon KY, transferred to DHL KY, Cincinnati OH, Kansas City MO, back to Cincinnati OH, Kansas City MO again, finally in Wichita KS where they are finally realizing it doesn't belong there. My door latch magnets seem to like that part of the country and don't want to leave I guess.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
So I ordered some keys for my Escalade... Being sent from Las Vegas, only 800 miles away... Package is now 3000 miles away?

So I live in Denver
Ordered item in Las Vegas
Item gets shipped out of Las Vegas
Package is currently in Jacksonville Florida

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I know what you mean. Mine is being held up in Cincinnati still. Online just says it's on hold. Called them up and all I could get from them is that there is a delay and backlog there for flights going to Canada. I even paid for faster delivery! If the regular free delivery would have been by USPS, I would have taken that!

• Sad
Reactions: Matt

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
And poof... After I send a support request to USPS.. Its magically in Denver.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Mine's still grounded in Cincinnati :frown:

• Sad
Reactions: Redbeard and Matt

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I've never had an issue with Amazon deliveries... Until now... I was expecting a package yesterday, and saw the pop up on my phone that it was around the corner. Sure enough the blue van turns on my street, rolls past me, and stops in front of my neighbor's house. :confused: Figured he'd drop mine on the way back, but nope, turned the corner and left. Couple seconds later, my order updates and says it was delivered. Pic shows it on someone else's porch. Only 2 houses on my street were the color of the one in the pic, the guy across the street, and the family on my side, 2 houses down.

I know it wasn't across the street, so I took a quick stroll down the block. Their door mat doesn't match the one in the pic, so who knows where the hell my package is. Got on the website and flagged it that it was delivered to the wrong address, and not received. An automated bot said to give them until tomorrow to make it right. Guess we'll see how this process works. Anybody have any experience with Amazon losing their stuff, and fixing it?

U EEDIOT

Sep 25, 2017
NoVa
I've never had an issue with Amazon deliveries... Until now... I was expecting a package yesterday, and saw the pop up on my phone that it was around the corner. Sure enough the blue van turns on my street, rolls past me, and stops in front of my neighbor's house. :confused: Figured he'd drop mine on the way back, but nope, turned the corner and left. Couple seconds later, my order updates and says it was delivered. Pic shows it on someone else's porch. Only 2 houses on my street were the color of the one in the pic, the guy across the street, and the family on my side, 2 houses down.

I know it wasn't across the street, so I took a quick stroll down the block. Their door mat doesn't match the one in the pic, so who knows where the hell my package is. Got on the website and flagged it that it was delivered to the wrong address, and not received. An automated bot said to give them until tomorrow to make it right. Guess we'll see how this process works. Anybody have any experience with Amazon losing their stuff, and fixing it?
Amazon constantly leaves packages at incorrect houses in my neighborhood.
Luckily, my neighbors are honest and bring them over.

I always go to the website to report them missing/mis-delivered.
Not once have they followed up with me.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Same here. Recently had 3 packages dropped at the right address, wrong street. Not the first time. Luckily it's in my neighbourhood and know where it is. Picked them up that night myself. The guy that lives there is hardly ever there as he's been living with his GF. Didn't bother with the Amazon delivery co. but I theoretically could have reported them as not received, they took the pic at the wrong house and nobody saw me take them. Good thing I'm honest.

And my current package is still in Cincinnati. Was supposed to have been delivered latest today :mad:. I ordered another brand of magnetic baggage door catches and those should arrive by June 8. We'll see which ones get here first! Shipping has been an absolute shit show lately.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
right address, wrong street.

That's a potentially huge issue here, all the cul de sacs in my neighborhood have the same numbering convention, but different street names. So there's no way I could really track down which house, would have to rely on an honest neighbor doing me a solid. Considering the occasional dumping of junk on the sides of the streets, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
While walking just now, saw a package at that same house. Went and checked, it was the wrong number AND street! It's the house across from ours so brought it to them. There must be a pandemic of dyslexia or the dumb bunny is making the rounds!

And Amazon are now saying that the package was expected today but I can ask for a refund after the 29th. I will ask for the refund and it would be funny if the package eventually gets delivered.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, I guess no free magnetic latches for me.

Thursday

May, 27 2021​

08:30 Local time | Arrived at Sort Facility EASTERN QUEBEC AREA - CANADA
That's fine. I have plans for the extra ones.

• Sad
Reactions: christo829

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
W....T....F?

Thursday

May, 27 2021​

13:51 Local time | Shipment arrived at incorrect facility. Sent to correct destination ROCHESTER - MONROE, NY - USA

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Get on a chat with Amazon and get them to do it. Often times I chat with them and can get satisfaction like free 1 day shipping, discounts, gift certificates, etc. If the price did indeed go up, get them to refund the difference. I think they did that for me once.

Reactions: Matt and christo829

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
USPS at it again. Waiting for two bearings, tracking shows being delivered today...NOT! get my neighbors mail instead and tracking now says my package is "being held at PO at customers request" which is jargon for " it's late Friday and I need to get outta here"....

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, DHL don't know which side of the border I actually live in? It's supposedly back here but hasn't moved since Friday or is it really still in the US?

Friday

May, 28 2021​

• 12:31 Local time | Clearance processing complete at EASTERN QUEBEC AREA - CANADA

In case anyone wants to see this package's full journey, it's insane:

I'm not cancelling this order with Amazon until I receive the other magnetic latches, which are supposed to arrive June 9th.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Screw it. I asked and got a refund for it. If it ever arrives, it'll make up for the frustration.

Oh, and it still hasn't moved since Friday. If it does get here, I'll throw a party for it 🥳

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Finally (!) got the Envoy's A/C block-off kit today.
I really don't know who has their hands in the scam of 'quick shipping', only to watch the package take a week to actually *get* to the actual carrier.
Actually, I do know -- and there's a few hands in this sh!t stew.

eBay (in this case) or Amazon (non-prime / non-Amzn fulfillment items) instantaneously notifies the seller of the order (in this case, I ordered on Monday, May 21, with a 'promise date' of 'by' June 1 -- and as we all know, the word 'by' *implicitly* suggests it could arrive sooner; that June 1st is the latest it could arrive). I'm thinking "maybe before Memorial Day?", but I should be laughing derisively, instead.

Now... from the cozy comfort of their (home) office chair, usually within an hour or two, they print the USPS shipping label, or enter the UPS / FedEx waybill in those systems, etc. This immediately generates a tracking # (for the gullible), and notifies the buyer, who thinks... "great... it's shipped!" No, sonny... your order hasn't even been processed yet, as you'll find out when tracking tells you the label's printed, and they're eagerly awaiting arrival of your package.
But - the one piece of useful info they give you... is the shipping location (in my case, coming from Hebron, KY, which is basically a suburb of Cincinnati, OH.) Again, the gullible amongst us say... "gee, that's only a day or so away, from my home". Sit down, sonny... it ain't time to check the mailbox for awhile, yet.

As it turns out, in my case, the seller printed out the label 2 days (!) later... on May 23rd, as I check the tracking history while I'm writing this. Remember -- *nothing* has actually shipped. Because the seller doesn't *have* the product in his possession. Wait... wut? :blinkhuh:

One day later (May 24), USPS sends two messages: "We're waiting for the package", and "the package has departed the shipping partner site". There, my son, is the 'tell'... the 'shipping partner'... some warehouse (which could be anywhere in the world, although eBay promised it would be shipped from a US location (further implying a quick delivery process).

All messages now stop, until USPS actually gets their hands on the package. That took... SIX DAYS, thanks in part to the holiday weekend. Late Sunday afternoon (May 30), while I'm watching the Indy 500 finish up (gotta love Castroneves!) , I get a text from USPS saying that the package was 'processed through distribution facility' ... in Indianapolis (I'll skip the irony here... but it's interesting that USPS didn't get that package anywhere near Hebron, KY or Cincinnati, OH, huh? Now you get an idea of 'shipping partner', junior. Nice, huh?)

BTW... for the uninitiated... Indianapolis is a MAJOR shipping hub for UPS, FedEx, and USPS. If DPRK or anyone else ever lob over an ICBM, it's not headed for a population center. It's headed for Nap Town... Circle City. Logistics rules the world. Mark my words.

As an aside... did you know the Indy cars now run 2.2L Honda (and Chevrolet!) turbocharged V6s, instead of the naturally aspirated V8s (which were also (exclusively) Honda provided)? I didn't (shows how much I follow IndyCar, eh? They've been running this engine since the early aughts, per Wikipedia, and it's about to be replaced by another new engine -- which has a hybrid-style 'boost' system (stores regenerative electricity, so the driver can add it for a HP boost when needed, from a button on the wheel) But I digress.

We're now at Monday, May 31st, which is Memorial Day. Nothing moves during the day, of course. But I do get an update at 11:30-ish PM that the package has now 'left the facility'.
"Ok! Great! It should be in Chicago in 24hrs, or so, right?"
Nope. You are *so* naive, kid. Go play in traffic.

June 2nd arrives, and USPS sends an update... stating that the package has 'left the facility'. Wait - it was supposed to have left 2 DAYS ago! Well, kid... that's when the shipping container it was in left the building, and was loaded on a truck. The truck *itself* didn't leave the lot until 9:30am, two days later, when it was full enough to drive to IL and points west. And the bar coding on the truck triggers the second notification as it heads out the departure gate. Gotta love being kept informed, huh?

Now... are you sitting down? That truck (finally) left Indy @ 9:30am June 2nd.
It *arrived* at my local distribution center (in Palatine, IL - it processes mail for most of IL, north of the Chicago city limits) -- at 1:44pm -- THE SAME DAY. So our package, which was entered into the system on May 21... actually only traveled from Indy to Palatine... in FOUR HOURS and change. Yes, there's a 1hr time zone difference - but that's travel from east -> west, where you gain time.

Once a package gets to Palatine, I know I'll have it quickly, from there.
Sure enough, it left Palatine at about 4am this morning, and was at my local post office about an hour later. By 6am, it was listed as 'out for delivery', and it finally hit my mailbox at 11:30am today, every one of those updates triggering an SMS on my phone.

For those counting, that's 13 days from the day I placed the order, to the day I actually received it. Actual 'travel time', between Indy and my local post office (good people, there)... was five (!) hours

Now... there was a holiday weekend in there, and there's obviously some needed time to get the thing routed from destination to destination. So where does the blame go?

Most of it goes to... the 'shipping partner' (e.g.; the warehouse, which basically sat on the order until they had to ship it to meet the commitment date (which they still missed, due to the holiday).

2nd place goes to... eBay, for their misleading language about how fast the package *could* get there, as opposed to when it actually did.

Our seller gets 3rd, because he sat on the order for two days, before printing the label and starting the process. Oh, and guess where the seller actually is? (my guess, based on his name & language it was written in (Han Chinese), which I put into Google translate). Yeah... China. I sh!t you not. Obviously, he has no idea that he loses 4 days with the US holiday weekend.

USPS gets 4th place, for the delays they introduced into the process, but probably more so for the misleading status messages ('leaving' a facility two days earlier than it actually did, etc.)

That's how order fulfillment, logistics, and package delivery works, kids.
And with that, I'm (finally) done. :diggrave:

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Well said Reprise, well said.
I ordered a motorcycle helmet through amazon Wednesday. To add insult to injury the time stamps per ups shows it shipping BEFORE the shipping label was made. Come on folks, if you still want to lie to us at least correct your time stamps!
It scanned at 1:40, departed 18 minutes earlier, and the label created two minutes after the scan. Now this is efficiency if I've ever seen it. not.

Thursday, June 3, 2021 1:40 AM
Origin Scan

Thursday, June 3, 2021 1:22 AM
Departed from Facility

Thursday, June 3, 2021 1:42 AM
Shipper created a label, UPS has not received the package yet.

Had the motorcycle shop had the helmet in stock it would have been purchased locally. They did have one that fit the mrs. and I purchased it. We had a good salesman and the shop was large and clean, but darn it would take several weeks to get the helmet in. If the shop weren't an hour away from the house I would have ordered it, but I was impatient.

• Angry
Reactions: Mooseman and Matt

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
Jump to the 54 second mark in the video.

An Amazon delivery driver was arrested after a 67-year-old woman was repeatedly punched after heated words were exchanged in a dispute over the status of the customer's package.

According to KTVU-TV in Oakland, the incident occurred Thursday at an apartment complex in Castro Valley, California. Complex owner Doug Smith told the station a tenant was waiting for a package and received a notification that it had been delivered.

It had not.

She then saw an Amazon delivery driver, a 21-year-old woman named Itzel Ramirez, and asked where her package was. The driver said the tenant would be getting it soon.

After waiting 15 minutes, the tenant went to ask the driver again about the package, Smith said.

What happened next is caught on video.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
OK, I don't condone what the driver did BUT the victim looked like she was being a Karen to her.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
It all makes sense when you look up the definition of "Amazon"

Amazon definition: In Greek mythology , the Amazons were a tribe of women who were very good at fighting .... :biggrin:

A good Lawyer will get her off saying that she was working within her job specs....:deal:

Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And I don't know about you all in the US but here, Amazon delivery speed has been absolute garbage. Forget one day, we can't even get anything in two days with a minimum week long wait being now the norm. If they can't get their shit together, I would rather pay a little more at a local store than wait. I remember when I would sometimes order something with two day shipping and would get it the next day! Why am I paying for Prime now?

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
"And I don't know about you all in the US but here, Amazon delivery speed has been absolute garbage. Forget one day, we can't even get anything in two days with a minimum week long wait being now the norm. If they can't get their shit together, I would rather pay a little more at a local store than wait. I remember when I would sometimes order something with two day shipping and would get it the next day! Why am I paying for Prime now?" mooseman.

:iagree:

Here in northern Alabama Amazon's delivery is poor. I don't believe I have a prime package that has made it to me within two or three days in several months. Currently one prime delivery is still sitting at a post office the past five days and the post office says they are waiting for amazon to deliver it. :bonk:Total b.s. I want to cancel prime but the mrs. listens to movies and/or books through her kindle while she works from home... And I can't understand while many products say prime delivery shows "a week away" before delivery only AFTER you paid for the product. Like Mooseman I like to have the product in my hands instead of waiting for long periods of time WAITING for it to show up. And when it's late showing up there is less time one is able to return the item.:Banghead:

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
I must be the lucky one... Amzn has been maintaining service level just fine on my end. The other carriers aren't doing so well for me, but Amazon has been OK. I haven't been ordering 'as' much lately, tho.

Sorry to hear everyone else isn't getting the same good service as me, wrt Amazon. :worried:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Did you ever get this?
Hahahahaha! You're funny! Still hasn't moved since May 28th. I'll likely never see it.

• Sad
Reactions: christo829

Mektek

May 2, 2017
FL
I've never in my life had a problem with UPS. But there's a first for everything:tongue:

Here's the message from UPS::

Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
:confused::confused::confused:

I ordered an AC clutch a week ago, and today I find out it's not coming anytime soon.......
Somewhere along the trip from CA to FL - it fell out of the box :hopeless:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm having issues again getting a slide topper for the trailer. I ordered one over a month ago from Amazon but it was backordered. Waited over a month and I cancelled it. I say they just stalled because the price was too low and hoping I would cancel. Ordered one from an Amazon marketplace seller at a higher price but said I should receive it within a few days. Ordered July 2 and said it should arrive between July 7-12 . July 12 came and they said it should be on by the 17th and if I don't receive it then, I can ask for a refund. Contacted the seller, FS Auto CA and they said it was shipped. I couldn't get anything using the tracking number they supplied with eShipper. All they said was contact the shipper!?! No luck with them neither, some sort of online shopping company. A little snooping and found that it's a tracking number for a trucking company called Day & Ross and their tracking says they haven't received it yet. So today, nothing. Amazon says I can ask for a refund tomorrow. Never mind the refund, I want my item! I think FS Auto CA is just a drop shipper and it hasn't really shipped yet.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Could be a drop shipment for some china knock off.. I have had a few of those.

Reactions: Matt and Redbeard

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher