Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
But it worked didn't it? :2thumbsup:

Reactions: Grimor

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
As an update, I just got a check for the replacement value of the trans, more than I paid. I don't think they liked me posting the video all over lol.
Awesome!...but, what happened to the abused tranny ?

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Great outcome for you then

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Waiting for my order from Rock Auto, supposed to be here Wed 18th still not here and miles away. Check out this travel route, this might have gotten here quicker from China. With all of these stops I'm expecting to get an empty box....

Date/Time
ActivityLocation

4/19/2018 - Thursday
5:00 pmIn transitHAMBURG, TOWN OF, NY
4:31 amIn transitLINDSEY, OH
4:11 amIn transitPERRYSBURG, OH

4/18/2018 - Wednesday
4:04 pmIn transitPERRYSBURG, OH

4/17/2018 - Tuesday
10:45 pmIn transitPERRYSBURG, OH
8:57 amIn transitURBANA,IL
12:04 amIn transitCHAMPAIGN, IL

4/16/2018 - Monday
4:54 amIn transitCHAMPAIGN, IL

4/15/2018 - Sunday
4:35 pmIn transitOKLAHOMA CITY,OK 3:30 amIn transitCUBERO, NM

4/14/2018 - Saturday
2:15 pmDeparted FedEx locationBLOOMINGTON, CA

4/13/2018 - Friday
8:44 pmArrived at FedEx locationBLOOMINGTON,
CA6:48 pmPicked upBLOOMINGTON,

CA1:45 pmShipment information sent to FedEx

Last edited:
Reactions: Redbeard

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
My neighbor asked if I could help unload a log splitter that he purchased since I have a tractor with a FEL. Fedex wanted big money if they had to use their lift gate (even though it's THERE).
We both wasted the whole beautiful day waiting for them and they never showed, said that we never confirmed that we were there for delivery even though we set up the date for DELIVERY in advance?
I have to think that FEDEX is the worst ever.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Fedex has told me I was not home multiple times while i was specifically waiting for a delivery.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is just a channel I watch but sounds pretty typical:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Does this make sense? maybe I'm missing something. I'm in NY and I buy online an item in PA (adjoining states). USPS tracking shows it's travelled from PA to Austin Texas (7 states away) and then going ?
I'm no expert on the workings of the postal service but, man.. this might be why they continually operate in the red..:suicide:

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
3 years ago (during the first couple months after I moved into this house) the Fedex Guy dropped off packages at 10:30 at NIGHT and didn't even ring the doorbell so the packages where left outside after dark until I randomly checked the tracking and saw they where on the porch.

out where I work (this guys basement he converted into a home office 20+ years ago), well his brother owns the other property on the "road" (really a driveway, but it's a driveway that branches to multiple houses so it gets a road name) and his brother and the brothers wife moved up here from atlanta full time this past year and the wife told the USPS lady not to deliver packages so now NONE of our BUSINESS PACKAGES are being delivered and we have to constantly carve out time to go to the post office rendering the 2 day prime shipping completely pointless.

UPS, can't say nothing bad about them other then I had just moved into a house and ordered something and it said delivered but was nowhere to be found, to be fair though there was no street sign for the house, so he had no way to know which house was which.

the worst by far is DHL, don't even get me started, they get the package into my state, then ship it halfway across the country then back to my state, then to the neighboring state then finally to me.

If I had the choice i would go UPS for everything, they are buy and far teh most reliable around here.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Guess it's time to add Amazon to the list :mad:

Was expecting delivery of a couple LED motion sensing security lights last night. Big Amazon van pulls up in front of my house and puts the flashers on. Side door opens up and the 2 guys start rearranging boxes, turns out they had 4 other houses to deliver to on my block. One by one, they carry a bunch of stuff to my neighbors, then they close the door and drive off. WTF? I check my phone, to see this notification.

20191202_100814.jpg

So I'm assuming at some point between them leaving the distro center, and my place, the box got so badly damaged that it was obvious the contents were busted up. But what really irritates me, if they determined the package is no good, why not just ship out a new one immediately, instead of making me wait for a return/refund? That makes no sense to me.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Why not do a chat with them and ask what happened? Maybe they ran out of stock so couldn't re-issue another one? I find them pretty good. I just got a refund on a dog bark collar that stopped working just outside the 30 day return window because I am a loyal customer :biggrin:

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I didn't know that option was there. Talked to a guy who confirmed it got damaged in transit. Since it was from the seller's inventory, Amazon couldn't replace it (not sure why not, but OK) He told me the refund was the only option, but if I ordered another one, they'd give me a $5 credit as an apology, so that's cool.

Reactions: Matt and Mooseman

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Excellent! I was able to get free shipping back for my mom who sent a rocking chair to my son. Because of miscommunications, they didn't need it and wasn't a valid free return reason. Chatted with Amazon on behalf of her and was able to get free shipping back and refund. Shipping was $100! She also buys quite a bit from them. All the times I've had to chat with them for problems, they go above and beyond and also give a bonus like a credit, upgrade to 1 day shipping, etc.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Seems reversed....like the son should be sending the rocking chair to mom...eh? :biggrin:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Kind of the opposite than the thread title, I have a package coming in and I got a text update saying it just arrived in Toledo, 40 minutes later I got a text saying it arrived in Flint. For those of you that don't know that's a solid hour and a half drive.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Can't help but imagine it was one of these trucks driving. lol
Image result for usps truck doing burnout

Related image

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
UPS absolutely blew it, taking almost 3 weeks for a package from TX for Mrs. Moose. She hosted a party for reusable shopping bags and people were wondering when they'd get their stuff. And the delays were in the US, going through a bunch of processing centres.

• Angry

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is ALL OF THEM! They do the same dumb ass thing by putting packages and boxes right in front of the freaking door! We have a screen door that opens out so if we're in the house, the only way to get out and get them is to push the packages over. Luckily I don't order fragile things but it's still a PITA. :hissyfit:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I give the "Dumb Ass" prize to the USPS . Sold a Plow cylinder to a guy on Ebay who Lives 30 minutes from me (should have drove it to him).
Sent it priority mail over a week ago and it travelled to the opposite end of NYS in that time and now tracking shows that it is back at the post office that I sent it from two Mondays ago... :hissyfit:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I give the "Dumb Ass" prize to the USPS . Sold a Plow cylinder to a guy on Ebay who Lives 30 minutes from me (should have drove it to him).
Sent it priority mail over a week ago and it travelled to the opposite end of NYS in that time and now tracking shows that it is back at the post office that I sent it from two Mondays ago... :hissyfit:
You think that's bad? On the 21st of last a month a guy shipped me some trike parts I bought from him. I live in Michigan and this guy's in Pennsylvania. I checked the tracking last night and they're at the USPS distribution facility, in San Fransisco California... :duh:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
You think that's bad? On the 21st of last a month a guy shipped me some trike parts I bought from him. I live in Michigan and this guy's in Pennsylvania. I checked the tracking last night and they're at the USPS distribution facility, in San Fransisco California... :duh:
Hopefully when it arrives it won't look like mine did. Apparently the parking brake on the Postal truck wasn't working and my package was a handy wheel chock.
100_1468.JPG

Last edited:

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Update on this,
I received the wrong tracking number...

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Fuck you to Intelcom, the local delivery company for Amazon. The door to our house opens out so if packages are put directly in front of the door, it makes it difficult to open or winds up making the package fall over the step when we open the door. I put delivery instructions to not put packages directly in front of the door and I also put a sign right on the door. Fuckers don't know how to read. Delivery proof pic they take shows they don't follow instructions.

Attachments

• image_01.jpg
    image_01.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 3

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
@Alfa-Norway , can you use the pulley from the old one?

Alfa-Norway

Mar 4, 2019
Norway
Fuck you to Intelcom, the local delivery company for Amazon. The door to our house opens out so if packages are put directly in front of the door, it makes it difficult to open or winds up making the package fall over the step when we open the door. I put delivery instructions to not put packages directly in front of the door and I also put a sign right on the door. Fuckers don't know how to read. Delivery proof pic they take shows they don't follow instructions.
They are genius the delivery people, no brain no pain:Banghead:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yeah, not exactly at the top of the gene pool, more like drowning at the bottom :laugh:

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
First time you will likely see anyone complain about things coming in to fast. Working on this computer build, get it all put together Saturday, and realize I am missing -1- crucial part. Go to my local computer center, they dont have it, nor does anyone else.. Get on Amazon, they have it, but wont be delivered until Wednesday. Gotta do what you gotta do. Ordered it, and put the computer back into storage so I could spend time with the family.. Guess what shows up YESTERDAY, only 3 days early, and less than 24 hours after I ordered it? GRR!

Redbeard

Jan 26, 2013
So I ordered some sneakers. The shoes were is UPS's hot little hands on Feb 11. They were delivered last night at 9 p.m. Feb 25. FORTEEN days to go from California to Alabama. (we did have some bad weather last week, but the shoes were not in this half of America during that time) But on Sketchers track packaging site I could rate the shipping. Naturally I choose just one star and added this comment "In the amount of time it took to deliver my shoes my feet outgrew them".

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Waiting on some batteries coming from California. They sat at City of Industry USPS for 4 days before taking 2 days to go to LA, about 10 miles. They got there yesterday and they still have to travel 3/4 of the way across the country. BTW, they were shipped Priority Shipping 3-6 days.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ordered a pair of quiet muffs for my helmet from MN via USPS shipped on Feb. 16. It was moving along nicely until it hit the Chicago International facility where it says it sat for 5 days. I have a feeling it actually sat at our customs clearing. Now tracking is garbage since all I'm getting now are "Arrived at facility CANADA". Geez, could you at least give me a city? For all I know, it could be halfway to Vancouver. I shouldn't complain though since it hasn't been even two weeks yet.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I take it back, it arrived this morning right after my rant :redface:

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
Tracking for an Ebay item that I'm returning from NY......assuming it ever gets there. wtf !

Tracking details​

Carrier:
USPS

Apr 01, 06:58
DEPART USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Apr 01, 06:55
DEPART USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Apr 01, 06:22
DEPART USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Apr 01, 06:20
DEPART USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Apr 01, 06:17
DEPART USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Apr 01, 06:16
DEPART USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Mar 31, 07:06
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Mar 31, 05:49
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Mar 31, 05:27
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
NORTH HOUSTON TX 77315
Mar 31, 12:37
DEPART USPS FACILITY
IRVING TX 75059
Mar 31, 12:25
DEPART USPS FACILITY
IRVING TX 75059
Mar 31, 08:01
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
IRVING TX 75059
Mar 31, 07:41
ARRIVE USPS FACILITY
IRVING TX 75059
Mar 30, 06:04
DEPART USPS FACILITY
ROCHESTER NY 14606
Mar 30, 05:08
DEPART USPS FACILITY
ROCHESTER NY 14606
Mar 29, 08:19
PROCESSED THROUGH USPS FACILITY
ROCHESTER NY 14606
Mar 29, 02:47
USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
LAKE VIEW NY 14085
Mar 29, 02:24
PRE-SHIPMENT INFO SENT USPS AWAITS ITEM
LAKE VIEW NY 14085

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well that didn't happen...

Fedex.jpg

Refresh the page and it now says by end of day today still. If they show up at 11:39PM, they're gonna have an old fat guy in his underwear greeting them. I have two packages from RA.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.