NEED HELP OEM speakers

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Anybody on here have the TBSS 06'? I'm trying to put in aftermarket speakers in my front door but having issues.
Do have an amp and tweeters in the dash? If so, you likely have 2ohm speakers and 4ohm speakers will sound like crap. Is that the issues you're having?

Reactions: KK_06'TB-SS

KK_06'TB-SS

Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Billings, MT
No, it's more of a size issue. I am told that they're 6.5 speakers but I got the Bose system and there's a weird oblong shake bracket that goes into it and everybody I've asked to or has looked at, says that they're bigger than 6.5. I don't know how to find the right adapters to get it to fit any size speaker

KK_06'TB-SS

Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Billings, MT
And no I don't believe I have an amp in the dashboard but I have tweeters up in the dash. I have an amp but that's just running my 18-in sub in the back. I'm getting all aftermarket speakers and I want to run another amp for those. I got the two rear door speakers installed but my front are the ones that are needed badly because the driver side front is blown and it is distorted very much so

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Bose means it has an amp from the factory.

KK_06'TB-SS

Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Billings, MT
Yeah I know. I believe it's in the rear passenger side just in front of the air compressor. I want to get rid of that and put in a new amp. It's my plan. I just want to know how to get some front door speakers that fit because going off of what I've been told and what specs have told me online they're 6.5s but those are not fitting and I don't know if I just need an adjustable bracket to go in there or what

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
I cant help you much on that one. I havent ran aftermarket since I was sponsored by Pioneer some 25 years ago now..

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
I purchased these for my 08 Envoy and my b-i-l's 08 TBSS
Scosche Select 2002 to 2004 Oldsmobile Bravada, 2002 to 2009 Chevy Trailblazer & GMC Envoy, 2004 to 2007 Buick Rainier & 2004 to 2008 Isuzu Ascender 5.25" - 6.5" Speaker Adapters (1 Pair) SAGTE6 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001GQ2QUE/?tag=gmtnation-20

Last edited:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
OK. The fronts are actually a 8" driver.
Sizes from the dash back for the system with the amp are 3.5" tweeters dash, 8" driver front doors and 6.5" two way rear doors.

Again, they are all 2ohm. If you want to replace the factory amp, then you'll really need to redo the whole system, changing all the speakers and running new wire.

If you want to chuck in 6.5" speakers you'll need the adapters that @xavierny25 linked.

Reactions: KK_06'TB-SS

KK_06'TB-SS

Original poster
Jun 6, 2022
Billings, MT
  • Haha
Reactions: xavierny25

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175