OEM Chrome-Trimmed Running Boards (Rainier/9-7X)

BeMyWheels

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Hey guys, I am looking to swap out my OEM Envoy running boards with the OEM style (chrome-trimmed) that comes on the Buick Rainier/Saab 9-7X (I think they're the same part). This is the part I'm talking about:

File:Buick Rainier -- 04-05-2011.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Does anyone have the part number of that part? Also, has anyone put that style on his/her TB or Envoy and wouldn't mind posting a picture? If I already have OEM running boards those should mount right up without me having to install additional mounting hardware, correct?

Thanks a bunch!

DJones

Jan 21, 2012
St. Petersburg, Florida
They were offered on the Tralblazer as well (pictured in 2004 M/Y dealer brochure) but I guess no one wanted them. :confused: They should bolt right in into the existing mounts.

deepblue

Dec 5, 2011
Part Number: 19158734

I put a set on my Saab last fall.... instructions mention the Rainer. They bolt right up... however, if you need to make minor adjustments, you can loosen the bolts on the brackets to running board.

SAAB 9-7x Running Boards

View attachment 19436

Attachments

• running board.jpg
    running board.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 64

BeMyWheels

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Thanks for your inputs guys! Wow, can't find one around here at all. Does anyone from the Detroit area have a set they would like to get rid of?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
I already have the Rainier set on the Rainier and id like to get some boards on the 9-7 as well.
I'd actually like a set of these but they are alot narrower than the oem version in order to stop the sand blasting of the rear doors and quarters.
Ionic Gladiator Running Boards | Free Shipping

I think the chrome tipped version would look good.

BeMyWheels

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Thanks for the link! I have actually never seen that one before - It looks pretty good. Have you decided which kind you are going to go with?

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
BeMyWheels said:
Thanks for the link! I have actually never seen that one before - It looks pretty good. Have you decided which kind you are going to go with?

I'm on the fence because the 9-7 sits so much lower than our Rainier and so the step in height isn't really an issue. Plus since the 9-7 is my commuter car, the kids are almost never in it and so they aren't struggling to get in like in the Rainier. If I had my druthers, and the sand blasting wasn't an issue i'd for surely go with the Gladiators and add the ss end cap option. If you look at how the oem's hug the rocker panels of our trucks and how the Gladiators have a huge gap because they are a few inches narrower, I feel like the sand will easily get between that gap and keep blasting my paint. Even the mudflaps I installed on the 9-7 are only stopping like 50% of the blasting.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenkick

Members Online