Odometer error?

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
So I've been occasionally driving the work truck just so it doesn't sit all winter. It's an 07 classic 2500hd. (The 03 and up NBS trucks) long story short, last week it said odometer error on the screen. Now this has the basic cluster with hours, trip and odometer. So I thought nothing of it because it worked fine still. I get in the truck this morning and I'm greeted with this... 20191222_120911.jpg
Now granted I'm excited that I have a brand new truck but... how the heck can that happen short of a faulty cluster. My concern is that the inspection station won't appreciate 235k miles disappearing and passing will be difficult. Aside from a critical fault in the odometer programming in the dash, could something else have caused this. Also the speedometer is off now. Kind of annoying.

• Wow
Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
If the speedo is also off, I'd say the cluster has a foot in the grave. I'd replace it. For inspection purposes, is there any documentation anywhere that showed the last known mileage?

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
If the speedo is also off, I'd say the cluster has a foot in the grave. I'd replace it. For inspection purposes, is there any documentation anywhere that showed the last known mileage?
The oil change sticker in the window has a range. I guess just assume the most. It was pretty bad, speedo said 45 radar said 52. The one we drive past is usually spot on and I guess that's why it felt like everyone was driving slow.
EEprom chip on the board has left the building I'd bet.
Kind of figured. It's been doing the high beam indicator lit up randomly for a couple years now. I'm talking parked overnight the indicator just comes on. Good run for the original cluster though.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
You broke it! :poke: Now we know why you can't have nice things.

I agree with the others.

Reactions: littleblazer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86