Oddball Combo: 2007 Tahoe w/ P0442, Rusted Out Fuel Pump & NO Remote Start

mrrsm

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
I usually chew on a lot of Auto Repair YT Videos B4 posting links to those that seem most relevant to us, especially for the Full Size GM & GMC Vehicles. But THIS one really is a Gold Mine of Information, such that it has already picked up 77,000 + Views since its Posting Date only yesterday on Wednesday, December 1st, 2021.

The Topic at hand is about a 2007 Chevrolet Tahoe presenting with a P0442 that after getting "Smoked"... reveals the source of the problem coming from a Rusted Out Fuel Pump Inlet & Outlet Manifold.... courtesy a "Strong Gasoline Smell":

TAHOEFUELPUMPLEAKS.jpg

According to the YT On Screen Images of the All-Data Diagnostics pages, the Remote Starter gets disabled for a whole bunch of issues that may not be commonly known to Owners of these Trucks. Don't forget to Screen Print and Save those various Diagnostic Screens... :>)

In conjunction with covering quite a few other issues the VOP manages to overcome during his work, it makes for great viewing with lots of discoveries and useful tidbits (and Contamination and R&R Safety Issues) along the way:

...it's a surprise that no one has ever filed a Class Action Law Suit over having Fuel Pumps made using Mild Steel in their manufacture and installed under vehicles sold to Owners living in areas prone to Seasonal Salting of Roads and Highways. How hard would it be to make the Frame and Support Members, Tire Hoists and Fuel Pumps out of Good Ol' 304L Stainless Steel to prevent ANY chance of this Dangerous Failure?

PS...

While I'm Dead Certain that the OTC Smoker Machine is worth every Penny of its Purchase Price... I could not help thinking back to @littleblazer 's Home Made Smoke Machine Design for those of us Non-Pro Mechanics in need of something more within our budgets... Just can't remember which Thread that info hearkens back to...

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online