Odd "pop" noise

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
07 TB LS... When I turn off ignition, I hear a pop noise coming from the engine. Been happening for a few weeks now and I dont know what it could be, any suggestions? Also, guage cluster clicking and whizzing upon startup...ticking while running.. Thanks guys!

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) Possible throttle body not closing fully on engine stop? How many miles, and have you EVER cleaned the throttle body? (Could you fill out your profile so I don't have to ask what engine you have?)

2) Noisy stepper motors that drive the gauge needles are a symptom of potentially failing units that kill the gauges. Common failure. You can save a LOT of $$ for the repair if you can solder components on PC boards.

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
4.2 I6 engine. It very well could be the throttle body, its coming from that vacinity. No, Ive never cleaned it, guess what Im doing today? Its 45f outside in buffalo,decent to get done what I want today.

Sn00kyCr00k

Original poster
Jan 1, 2012
Also, about 53k. Its a '07. Im going to do my profile tonight sometime, Im only accessing from a phone right now

ElAviator72

Jan 11, 2012
Fan clutch disengaging?

Mine does it too...you can make it pop by turnung the key from off to run (i.e. you don't even have to start it).

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.