Odd Noise

Mike

Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Whenever I have a load in the back of the Suburban or if I have a trailer hooked up, I hear this noisy like a motor or pump running for about 10-30 seconds then it stops. Is that some sort of ride adjustment to compensate for the additional weight or is it something else? I only seem to notice it when I'm loaded down. Usually after I drop the trailer on the hitch it does it.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Mike said:
Whenever I have a load in the back of the Suburban or if I have a trailer hooked up, I hear this noisy like a motor or pump running for about 10-30 seconds then it stops. Is that some sort of ride adjustment to compensate for the additional weight or is it something else? I only seem to notice it when I'm loaded down. Usually after I drop the trailer on the hitch it does it.

Sounds like rear air leveling system to me. You will see the back end of the truck go up after you drop the trailer on and the pump starts.

Mike

Original poster
Apr 8, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Sounds like rear air leveling system to me. You will see the back end of the truck go up after you drop the trailer on and the pump starts.

I wasnt sure if my ride had those technologies :undecided:

Thanks for the confirmation!

I just bought a 4,500 lb camper. I cant wait to see how it reacts tomorrow when I pick it up.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online