OBD2 Bluetooth scanner opinions for Android phones

gladesteen

Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Hello all,

I've got a Samsung S5 and want to get a Bluetooth scanner for my 2004 Bravada.

Was looking around Amazon, and there's a new one for $16.99 that people seem to like. Comes with free APP also.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0725S53VC/?tag=gmtnation-20

The #1 seller on Amazon is BAFX II and is $21.99 with a LOT of great reviews.
Does not mention it comes with free APP, but alot of people recommend getting the Torque Pro App for $4.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005NLQAHS/?tag=gmtnation-20

If you can comment on which to purchase, please do!

Thanks,
Mark

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Most folks here myself included just use torque and/or car gauge pro...
I think my OBDII adapter is the BAFX one too but prob not the "II" ... think I got it on fleabay cheaper than that tho....

Reactions: Eric04

gladesteen

Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Thanks Tiggerr,

So, i guess what you're saying, is that it doesnt really matter what plugs into the OBD 2 port........more or less its the Torque APP that is important.

IS that what you are meaning? If so, i will go with the new/cheaper one for $16.99

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Pretty much yeah... here's a ton of the adapters...I think most people use the generic fleabay ones...as long as they're Bluetooth... I use both torque and car gauge pro... well with the investment of a few$$...
Just wish they worked in iOS... I hate android myself...

gladesteen

Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Thanks Tiggerr, i will try the new blue one out thru Amazon. New this year....just a few months ago.

A few ppl that reviewed it on Amazon say the free App that comes with it does a good job too. I will probably get Torque anyway, as you said its only a couple bucks and works great (according to reviews).

Thank you,
Mark

Reactions: Tiggerr

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The thing with Car Gauge Pro on GM's is it will read all codes including ABS, airbag and so on. But it isn't as user friendly as Torque.

Reactions: Eric04 and Tiggerr

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Another vote for BAFX + torque & car gauge pro. What I've been using for about two years now. Tried a cheaper one and it wouldn't connect, in my opinion anything but BAFX is a gamble unless you buy one of the high dollar Bluetooth scanners.

One member had one of the BAFX adapters go out on them well out of the listed warranty and the company still had no problem replacing it for him. So, seems like the customer service is there as well.

If you're torn on the apps, get torque first. You'll use it way more often than CGP unless you have a lot of abs and air bag diag to do, it also shows body and module codes that torque can't. I would almost recommend skipping out on CGP until you need it honestly though, I never use it and have not needed it one time in my two years of having it.

Reactions: Eric04

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.