OBD Fusion

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So I've just had my first look at the Android version of ODB Fusion. Eerily similar To Torque Pro.

I verified that ODB Fusion can load some, but not all of the PIDS in a csv file from Torque though they needed editing before being functional.

Specifically the header and mode/pid. ODB Fusion has a separate field for mode where Torque records mode and pid together. Secondly, ODB Fusion needed me to add '01' after the PID number where Torque will do that internally if the first request returns 'No Data'.

The 'Header' we most often list in Torque as 'Auto' needs to be either a node address such as '10' for the PCM in older pre Can-Bus vehicles like my 02 (maybe '7E0' for Can-Bus?), or an acronym like 'ECM' etc.

Here's a few pids I loaded up as a test..

Screenshot_20191029-152312.pngScreenshot_20191029-152812.pngScreenshot_20191029-152823.png

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
This is cool as some have asked for something that works on iOS. Mind you, for ELM327 adapters, they still have to be WiFi. There seem to be other types (BLE, BLE+) that works on Bluetooth. And the ability to add custom PIDs puts in the same category as Torque.

Reactions: mrrsm and TJBaker57

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
It looks like the pids that would not import from my csv file are the result of the equations. Where I used a function that Torque supports and OBD Fusion does not, such as 'Lookup'. The pids will likely work but will only display a value of '1' or '0' rather than a user supplied text value such as 'On' or 'Off'.

Found this for adapters...

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So here I have a preliminary csv for importing some pids into OBD Fusion. There are a few in this csv that will not import (or even display) in ODB Fusion as the equations are not supported. Specifically ODB Fusion does not offer a 'Lookup' function so any pid where I used Loookup (in the Torque App) to replace a numeric value with a word does not work in OBD Fusion. Many of these pids can still be called up but they will only offer you a digit, usually a '0' or '1' and the user is left to try to remember what that particular pid means by that '0' or '1'. At least one pid is not what one would expect, oil pressure switch being 1 for no oil pressure and 0 when the oil pressure switch is closed.

The Android version of OBD Fusion requires .csv files for import to be located in the root of the devices shared memory space. I expect the same of the Apple flavor as well.

One difference in csv import of pids in OBD Fusion vs Torque,,,,OBD Fusion presents the pids of the import file with your choice of what pids you wish to import whereas Torque loads the whole file. Also it appears OBD Fusion does not offer to import pids where there is an existing pid already in the app.

As before in the Torque thread where I have uploaded a csv or 2 I have appended '.txt' to the file to facilitate the upload. The '.txt' will need to be removed before the file can be imported to ODB Fusion.

Attachments

• OBD_Fusion_GMTN_PIDs.csv.txt
    7.3 KB · Views: 61

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.