o2 sensor

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
hii all
what is the best time to change the o2 sensors and what part number, its 2006 tb

thank you

infamouz

Dec 3, 2011
If I remember correctly its when you reach 100k miles, or if you replace a cat(bad cat, or upgrade cat) I also think its recomended if you change the exhaust manifold.

Nizar

Original poster
Dec 7, 2011
infamouz said:
If I remember correctly its when you reach 100k miles, or if you replace a cat(bad cat, or upgrade cat) I also think its recomended if you change the exhaust manifold.

thank you :smile:

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
We got ours replaced when we got our maifold fixed. I think the 02 sensor was bad anyhow.

infamouz

Dec 3, 2011
Your welcome....n I also of coarse if you have the code for bad o2's, also recomended when changing the plugs.:biggrin:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
As far as GM is concerned. the is no maintenance interval. Most mechanics will tell you to wait until it fails and the CEL come on.

My theory is, that by that time, your gas mileage sucks. I like to change the O2 sensor (the front one, if two), when the plugs are changed, just like a good old fashion tune up.

However, if there is/has been any problems that might cause the fuel/air ratio to change, the O2 sensor needs to be changed when the problem is fixed.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
The rear O2 sensor (after the cat) very seldom go bad.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
The rear sensor is there to check the operation of the cat.

It only requires replacing if the cat was destroyed, or if the PCM throws a code indicating a failed rear sensor (and it has been tested and proved failed).

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
My experience reading posts on the OS for years is that cats go bad ten times more often than the post-cat sensors.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
What I intended to say, was if the cat goes bad and takes the sensor with it; sorry, did not mean to imply that all cat changes are automatic post sensor changes as well.

Thanks for catching that Bill.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online