O2 Sensor Brands for GMs

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
I've heard time and time again that Bosch o2 sensors are garbage, but we sell them all day at the parts store I work at, and I don't remember anybody returning it saying it didn't work. Also if I look on Rockauto the Bosch ones have the little heart, so they are popular choices.

Am I better off with Denso, or is there something better? I'm thinking of changing the one indicated by my code (p0161 = b2s2) and if the code goes away then changing all four (well, the other three, but you know what I mean) - both downstream and both upstream. Looks like I can be out the door for about $100 for all four Denso sensors on Rockauto.

And I know, I should use ACDelco components for my GM truck, but to be honest I've been disappointed with ACDelco parts my last few purchases and they cost a lot more than Denso, and we all know ACDelco stuff is just reboxed stuff anyway.

Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
ACDelco doesn't make them. Maybe looking at pictures of them on RA might point you in the direction of which mfg makes them. I think it may be Denso or Delphi. I've used Denso without issues as well as ACDelco. Delphi I don't know.

Jul 24, 2012
ACDelco doesn't make them. Maybe looking at pictures of them on RA might point you in the direction of which mfg makes them. I think it may be Denso or Delphi. I've used Denso without issues as well as ACDelco. Delphi I don't know.
I just bought ACDelco O2 sensors on RA. Do you mean someone else makes them for the ACDelco brand?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
ACDelco makes nothing, just repackages other MFG's parts. Known parts are fuel pumps (Bosch) and brake pads (Raybestos) and also likely rotors. Spark plugs I'm pretty sure they're NGK.

If you look at ACDelco on Wikipedia, they say it's a parts brand while they call Delphi a manufacturer.

Everybody sleeps with everybody in this business.

Reactions: Redbeard

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
I just bought ACDelco O2 sensors on RA. Do you mean someone else makes them for the ACDelco brand?
yup - acdelco doesn't make any parts, it's all reboxed from other manufacturers.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online