O.K. new Code today P0455 :(

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
I have pulled a P0455. I know this is common on our vehicles but the standard response seems to be Gas Cap. Im not getting the tighten gas cap error on the DIC. So as a preventative measure i would like to replace the solenoids and purge valve.

Is there anyone on here who has pics of the job for both items (BTW before you yell at me, Gas cap is new dealer changed it earlier) where are these items psychically located? I believe 1 by the tank and the other on drivers side of engine?

Thanks
Bill

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
I think you are correct on the location of those 2 items.
Also inspect the vapor canister (by the gas tank) they sometimes get filled up with gas, and there is a tank pressure sensor on the gas tank (part of the fuel pump assembly)...but it's probably hard to inspect that.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Highly recommend filling out your profile so we'll automatically know if you have the I6. Thx.

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
The_Roadie said:
Highly recommend filling out your profile so we'll automatically know if you have the I6. Thx.

Pretty sure I did that and even added my "Garage Info" but Ill double check.
Thanks
Bill

UPDATE *****
Upon further investigation - "The Roadie" I was incorrect. I thought when I signed up here it asked for that information and thought I had already entered it. I have now completed this task thank you.

emti309

Jan 26, 2014
Make sure the seal on your gas cap cap is not cracked this will throw the error code.:thumbsup:

million-miles

Jan 10, 2012
Chasing same code here. Already replaced gas cap. Going to get both parts and see what that does.

Bill05EnvoySLT

Original poster
Mar 24, 2014
Bristol PA
million-miles said:
Chasing same code here. Already replaced gas cap. Going to get both parts and see what that does.

I have the one in the engine bay, i think its the Purg Vavle , the one on the tank i think is the evap solenoid.

Im waiting for a good day to install it. right now it is raining..

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Bill05EnvoySLT said:
I have the one in the engine bay, i think its the evap solenoid, the one on the tank i think is the purg valve.

You are close, but you have the part locations reversed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online