NP or NVG website

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Anyone know what the website is, or if there is a website for NV or NVG? Trying to find specs and info on some transfer cases.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
the roadie said:
The tech info is out there. At ORTB, a sister site to GMTNation started by a few of us offroaders some time ago, we have a tech article on the NP226:
Offroadtb.com Transfer Case Operation: NVG 226 (NP8)

Just Google for "New Venture Gear" or "NVG226" and the info is out there. There's also a thread here about getting shop manual data: http://gmtnation.com/f23/need-manuals-get-them-here-371/ that also contains a lot of good data on the 126 and 226 transfer cases.

Saw and read that, good info but looking for info for other transfer cases. Just crazy (to me at least) that they don't have a site showing their cases with some form of spec sheet.

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
Bill, he's looking for a manual transfer case that will bolt up in his SS, and replace the full time AWD case...

Mike

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Bartonmd said:
Bill, he's looking for a manual transfer case that will bolt up in his SS, and replace the full time AWD case...

Mike

Yeah, sorry threw up a fast response from work. On lunch now was going to post more info but Mike beat me to it.

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
I'm looking at different all manual TCs to do swap like Mike said. Looking at spline count, size, etc. Hope to find a match soon and get the swap going SOON.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Look into the full size Chev/GMC trucks, the bottom of the line (trim package) work truck uses a manual transfer case.
I think these trucks can be optioned with the 6 + ltr engines, so it should work with the SS trucks.

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Yeah so far that looks like a go from what I've read. A guy with a Denali did a swap and it works great so far from what he has said. Would like to get a case and try it very soon.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I like this project...

DevilishT2003

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
I like this project...

Good! You may be asked for some help. :biggrin: May try to go out to a salvage yard to find a transfer case Sunday if I can get some time.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I can check out ny extra transfer case in the morning when I move my burban.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher