not all forums are the same!

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
So i DID purchase a 2009 Lancer GTS as of yesterday...Black,27k miles,auto paddle shift,2.4L 167hp...fun car to drive and got 31.6mpg on the drive home!!..Anyway,,i got on the lancer forum and i must say,THIS ONE IS TONS BETTER!..The community over there is nothing like this one.On here when you post something it will instantly get views and replies,,over there your lucky to get a view let alone a reply...Hell,,if i have a question about my car i might as well just ask it here and get some input:yes:.....soo if the mods are ok with it,,,can i ask my random questions here???

Juicy K

Feb 14, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
The celica forum I use to be on was a freaking joke. Not to mention, one of the only questions I know was answered EVERY time. Question: "How can i make my car faster?"
Answer: " Swap in a 3sGTE, turbo is the only way your car will ever make more power than it does now, another way would be a NOS kit"

I mean really? But I feel most of the people there were kids with their first car. I was one of them. But I guess knowing how a car worked helped a little bit. So I was not throwing the term NOS out there for rep points because I heard it on Fast and the Furious. LMAO

Maybe I need to go visit that forum for some laughs...:rotfl:

fishguy1123

Dec 5, 2011
As I said before, once ur in... ur in! Not sure what we can help with, but that shouldn't stop u from asking things that may help you.

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
well i have 2 questions im trying to get answered over there,,,
1-how do i disable the damn daytime running lights on this car AND
2-my drivers information center keeps a running mpg total,,,when i turn the car off and it sits for more than a few hours/over night it resets back to 14-15mpgs..If im running a 30mpg average and run into a store for a minute its will be fine when i get back in but if it sits awhile and i turn the car on,,the DIC will say 14-15 mpgs...i dont get it.

drwfaulk

Jan 5, 2012
That might be just a mitsubishi thing with the dic. And as the forum goes, the only one that I ever got replies on in my import days was Honda society. (besides gmt and offroadtb)

mapanch

Dec 2, 2011
Im on an Aveo forum for the lady's car and its the same was as the Jayd and Juicy K. The stereo keeps having an error code and the answer is "get aftermarket." Plus the fact you put a thread up and 30 hours later you might have 10 views and 1 reply.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
jayd1563 said:
2-my drivers information center keeps a running mpg total,,,when i turn the car off and it sits for more than a few hours/over night it resets back to 14-15mpgs..If im running a 30mpg average and run into a store for a minute its will be fine when i get back in but if it sits awhile and i turn the car on,,the DIC will say 14-15 mpgs...i dont get it.

1. start cutting wires till they go off.

2. read the manual

:raspberry:
sorry, had to do it.
hope you find your answers

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
fletch09 said:
1. start cutting wires till they go off.

2. read the manual

:raspberry:
sorry, had to do it.
hope you find your answers
i expect nothing less:raspberry:
theres nothing in the manual about the drl's that i can find....I think they are a saftey feature thats not meant to be turned off.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
For the drls, I did some searching on evolutionm.net and it looks like a relay harness is needed, or hacking in to the factory wiring to add a relay to the headlight.

Since I'm posting (and searching) from my phone, getting the links is proving a tad difficult (pre-beta CM9.... Copy/paste crashes the browser), but there are a bunch of threads over there for 08+ lancer drl disable.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
1) What's the URL of that forum?

2) Was it recently purchased by Vertical Scope?

:crackup:

Creating Sucked-Dry Ghost Towns out of Thriving Enthusiast Communities since 1997!

View attachment 19223

Attachments

• tumbleweed_small.jpg
    tumbleweed_small.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 103

mike_k

Dec 5, 2011
jayd1563 said:

Disable DRL's (Non-SSS) Discussion. - EvoXForums.com - Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Forums

here is the link for the non-HID drl disabling off of evox

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Not all forums come fully equipped with a roadie....or a harmless

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
I am a member of 3 Grand Prix forums and they are mostly dead. They other day a younger poster asked what would happen if he shot a bunch of nitrous into the supercharger on a launch. :duh::duh:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
rcam81 said:
I am a member of 3 Grand Prix forums and they are mostly dead. They other day a younger poster asked what would happen if he shot a bunch of nitrous into the supercharger on a launch. :duh::duh:

i was just going to say this!!! lol

i have a 2001 GP GT and im on grandprixforums.net and clubgp.com.. both places are a ghost town... i have a thread started about my heated seats since last month that has still gone unanswered... terrible forums...

no other forums that ive belonged to even slightly compare to this one or the OS of old...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i was just going to say this!!! lol

i have a 2001 GP GT and im on grandprixforums.net and clubgp.com.. both places are a ghost town... i have a thread started about my heated seats since last month that has still gone unanswered... terrible forums...

no other forums that ive belonged to even slightly compare to this one or the OS of old...

I was on clubgp and yea it was retarded. I do however like the grandpixks converted to the f.1 editions. Or the gtx's. I had a '99 black gtp 2 door. I had the eagle alloy 18" wheels on it. Looked sweet. Traded it in for another vehicle. Grandprixstore was another "thing" for grand prix's. Also ultimatewarriorracing. Those were the days.

Marty395

Feb 23, 2012
jayd1563 said:
i expect nothing less:raspberry:
theres nothing in the manual about the drl's that i can find....I think they are a saftey feature thats not meant to be turned off.

We have the same car, it my lady's daily driver. When I drive it I just turn on the headlights. No sense driving around with those ugly drl's. I've been thinking of putting led bulbs in them. But I have projectors and it looks like a pita to get to that bulb. I also have the same issue with the mpg meter.

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Marty395 said:
We have the same car, it my lady's daily driver. When I drive it I just turn on the headlights. No sense driving around with those ugly drl's. I've been thinking of putting led bulbs in them. But I have projectors and it looks like a pita to get to that bulb. I also have the same issue with the mpg meter.
Im calling the Mitsubishi stealership tomorrow and get the story on the resetting DIC mpg issue....
AS FOR MODS..........oooo anybody that saw my voy knows i have mods planned for this thing:lightbulb:...i mean seriously,,ive had this thing for 5 days now,,its time to start modding!...pics coming later tuesday(i have a few items coming fed-ex then for it).:celebrate:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
rcam81 said:

I also have the same year and type grand prix and yes they are pretty dead

jayd1563

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
well its raining here so the pics i wanted to take "after mods" will have to wait till tomorrow,,,I can tell you however, the mod list includes....
Flat blacking out the grill,
Flat blacking out the emblems,,,was gonna just remove them but i kinda like them in flat black,
Windows tinted,
Evo style taillights,
And rims are now also flat black!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online