Northwest snow

mika

Dec 6, 2011
Here in Montreal we got about 25 cm, or 10 or so inches. Aso found out it was time to send my blower to the shop for a much needed tune-up, don't know what the prob with it is though. either carb or govener.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
We got zero here in the burbs of Minneapolis. I have two fully tuned up snowmobiles and a snowblower ready to go. I'm not a happy camper this year. Last year by this time, I sledded so much I was sick of it. This year, they haven't left the garage.

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
mika said:
Here in Montreal we got about 25 cm, or 10 or so inches. Aso found out it was time to send my blower to the shop for a much needed tune-up, don't know what the prob with it is though. either carb or govener.

That's crappy timing for the blower to act up.

Jkust said:
We got zero here in the burbs of Minneapolis. I have two fully tuned up snowmobiles and a snowblower ready to go. I'm not a happy camper this year. Last year by this time, I sledded so much I was sick of it. This year, they haven't left the garage.

That don't seem right! When In think of Minneapolis in the dead of winter, I think of bone chilling wind, blowing snow, and lots of it.

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
jbones said:
That don't seem right! When In think of Minneapolis in the dead of winter, I think of bone chilling wind, blowing snow, and lots of it.

Yep, it's not. The deal we make with the devil for living in this level of cold considering the other states we could live is we get cold but we get snow with that. It's been so warm people keep falling through the ice. Two late teens/early 20's went through yesterday and they found their bodies early today. If I wanted a Kansas City winter, I'd move to Kansas City.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Yay! Snow! /sarcasm

51dbX.jpg

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
jbones said:
That's school closing snowfall for WA.

You mean that is school closing snowfall for the West side of WA, but us peeps on the East side of the state actually know how to drive in that white stuff.:raspberry:

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
FlyingFischer said:
You mean that is school closing snowfall for the West side of WA, but us peeps on the East side of the state actually know how to drive in that white stuff.:raspberry:

I know what your saying, I'm from MI.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Yay! Actual snow! This was enough to close the local school district...

bPvfo.jpg

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
we have about 8-10" here at our place

photobucket-4885-1326833819349.jpg

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
Answer069 said:
we have about 8-10" here at our place

Same here. Getting stuck in my own driveway (it's on an steepish incline and under the snow is a sheet of ice) = fail.... so I parked in the yard instead. I'll take that as a sign that I need better tires.

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
still snowing here as well.... couple posts back...who got to dig those cars out of that parking lot?..lmao

asautt

Dec 5, 2011
View attachment 18022

The New To Us TB has been great so far. Abita drove home to Arlington from work in Everett at 6:00 AM Tuesday in the thick of it. She did the Arlington/Everett commute 10PM last night/6 AM today without a hitch. :thumbsup:

I haven't had the Dak out on the road since I got home from work at 10 Monday night. Tue/Wed is my "weekend" so will have to get out an brave the elements tomorrow. I may take her TB out for a little spin this afternoon just to see how she handles.

Alan

Attachments

• Small2012snow.jpg
    Small2012snow.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 86

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
asautt said:
I may take her TB out for a little spin this afternoon just to see how she handles.

Take her out she will handle great, don't take my word for it, take out the TB.:smile:

asautt

Dec 5, 2011
Took the TB out into the Northwest Snow for a while today. Traction Control/Stabilitrac works as advertised. I didn't push the envelope real hard, but did try driving like somebody who was not used to driving in snow might. A little heavy on the gas from a stop, turning harder than is prudent on icy roads... the TB corrected my "errors" and kept us on the straight and narrow. I only saw the traction control light flash on one occasion but did feel the computer make adjustments several times. I don't think I would have even noticed the computer "driving" if I hadn't been looking for it.

I went everywhere I wanted to go without any drama. Even back in the areas that haven't seen a snowplow yet. On the original tires with over 33K miles on them.

I'll feel better about Abita commuting in the snow, ice, and rain knowing she has the computer co-pilot in the TB.

Alan

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
The plows stopped sometime yesterday, so the hill I live on is a solid sheet of ice.... Went down to the store parking lot for some shenanigans. No vid since I was running solo.

On the way home, 4 wheel off, trac off, had some more fun up the hill.

I haven't been excited for snow.... Ever. The extra foot of ground clearance is really nice :smile:

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Yeah Victoria has been driving the TB since the snow started commuting to work and hasn't had an issue yet. Actually it seems to be getting better fuel mileage with the cold also. Wondering if these 4.2s really like the super cold air.

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Answer069 said:
...Actually it seems to be getting better fuel mileage with the cold also. Wondering if these 4.2s really like the super cold air.

Jet engines run better on higher altitude/colder air, it supports better combustion, and your 4.2 should too. Think of your TB as your own personal jet on cold winter days :yes:

And, snow is still piling up! :hopeless: weather guessers wrong again.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
I think my SS really likes the cold air, but my I6 LOVES it. With the way I have the tune setup, it runs optimal timing for each IAT temp. So in normal Seattle weather, say 50-65F, the engine runs optimally, but as the temps increase timing is pulled. The flip side is that as IATs decrease, I can increase timing (to a point) for more power... :biggrin:.

The fastest I think my I6 performed was when it was 2F outside, I dont know if there is any more hp/tq, but it sure felt like 10hp over normal temps.

LordBear

Dec 22, 2011
rains have just bout washed it all gone here..still some..better as u get highter... had over 2 feet one day 2 days later notta

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
We ended up having around 10-12" of snow. The neighborhood roads are still covered in icy slush; the low sports cars can't get out muahaha. I LOVE the trailblazer in the snow! 2wd is useless in it; I have to switch over to a4wd or 4hi if its any deep. When it started melting and had the slush underneath the blazer had to work a bit harder but it will get through anything. It was so nice not being stuck in the house all last week. Towed a few people out (including my boyfriends rubicon that got high centered on a pile of snow; needless to say he is now getting a lift hahaha).

And as far as schools closing, we are all on hills that never see sunlight at this time of the year. He east side the ice melts on hills to schools quicker. UWB/Cascadia was closed because their roads were frozen over and the parking garages were dangerous. Students can't park, no students come. Not to mention a lot of teachers in their small sedans couldnt get round.

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
wootown22 said:
...(including my boyfriends rubicon that got high centered on a pile of snow; needless to say he is now getting a lift hahaha).

Jeep stuck! That's funny, are you rubbing it in good. :thumbsup:

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
the low sports cars can't get out muahaha

that right there is why I bought my TB this year... got tired of my lowered car being a snowplow, lol.

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
jbones YES OF COURSE I did haha. And, since he is getting a lift, he is gonna need new tires... so I wonder what will happen with those 32" Mud Terrains hes got on there..... hmmmmm :wink:

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
wootown22 said:
jbones YES OF COURSE I did haha. And, since he is getting a lift, he is gonna need new tires... so I wonder what will happen with those 32" Mud Terrains hes got on there..... hmmmmm :wink:

LOL are they 16s or 17s? He may need new wheels too since you are totally showing him up. :wink:

jbones

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
wootown22 said:

Going for the 13 MPG? It least you will look good at the pumps :yes:

wootown22

Dec 4, 2011
they are 17s so they will fit with my wheels I have now. 255/75/17s. And yea he will probably get new ones too.

haha I already get 14mpg. Whats another mpg? I dont think it will be a huge drop. I already have 32s on there I just want a meatier tread. and apparently it does because I met Eric (boyfriend) at the local gas station while filling up. He liked my muddy trailblazer I liked his jeep got the convo going hahaha :rotfl:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
wootown22 said:
haha I already get 14mpg. Whats another mpg? I dont think it will be a huge drop. I already have 32s on there I just want a meatier tread. and apparently it does because I met Eric (boyfriend) at the local gas station while filling up. He liked my muddy trailblazer I liked his jeep got the convo going hahaha :rotfl:

Haha thats a way to pick a guy up, wish that would happen to me lol.

255/75R17s are gonna look weird on your TB, too narrow IMO. The 265/70R16s I have on the 02 look just right, I wanted to go 265/65R17 for my SS winter tires but wider tires = worse snow performance so I didnt. Cant wait to get some 22s this summer and go with at least 265, hopefully 275 or 285 :yes: :wootwoot:.

14mpg, is that all highway or mix city/highway? I can barely get 15.5 outta my SS at 75mph, doesnt matter my 20s with factory POS Goodyear RSAs or 17s with Dueler A/T Revo 2s. Worst Ive ever gotten is 9.8mpg on a whole tank, LOTS of driving around school in super cold weather and no ski trips to even it out. Hope that never happens again!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online