Northern California Meet Up - show of interest

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
OK, so I'm thinking about a NorCal meetup. I was thinking a Saturday or Sunday in the middle or end of June. After Memorial Day, before Independence Day. Not too hot. Location of course would depend on how many people we get to come. I figure if we can get a dealership or 5 behind us, maybe some of the aftermarket companies or retailers, some food vendors.... If we get a parking lot type of location, bring in a vendor with a large grille setup, etc. Some prizes for ... start naming categories.

With all that, I can of course use any and all help.

1.) If you've put something like this together before, please don't hesitate to send me suggestions, etc. I've not done something like this with vehicles.

2.) If you'd be interested in attending, let us know.

3.) If you've got a little free time and might be able to help organize an event, let me know.

4.) If you have ideas for locations, contests, prizes, whatever, please send them along.

5.) If you are a vendor, know a vendor, dealership, retailer, etc. and would be interested in a booth in exchange for prizes, shout.

6.) Is there usually a charge for these? I was thinking just a small amount (a dollar or two), pay for any permit, maybe a DJ, prizes, and if there is anything left over it gets donated to a reputable charity.

So - anyone?
:yes:

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Wow - posted about 10 weeks ago. No one? Any interest?

Come on - NorCal, mid-state (or those who want to travel) - how about a show of interest.

I know gas is going to hit a new high this summer, but I figured folks might want to get together nonetheless.

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Anyone with more experience got suggestions to get the post seen or who might have contacts / friends / followers to make something happen? I'm in Oakland. For those not familiar with the map, it's 2 minutes from San Francisco. I was thinking of some place like Vallejo, CA. It's about 30 minutes north of here, and they are a very car friendly town. They have a closed Navy base that I'm betting we could use. About an hour from Sacramento, 2.5 hours from Reno or Lake Tahoe. Lots of little and big hotels in the area, 30 minutes to Napa wine country, 10 minutes to 6 Flags Marine World, right on Rte 80.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Easier to start was basic meet n eat n greet at a local place. Just pick a time n place the the worse that happens is you dine alone and the best is a parking lot full of GMT members.

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Easier to start was basic meet n eat n greet at a local place. Just pick a time n place the the worse that happens is you dine alone and the best is a parking lot full of GMT members.
My issue is no one even checked in so it felt like no one saw the notice. I'm fine starting like such.

Ok - so who is around San Jose to Vallejo to Stockton (or father if you want to drive)? How about a quick hello just here on the board?

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Still nothing BT. I think I'll just make an announcement after summer and say hey, let's meet at ....

mcsteven

Original poster
Apr 18, 2012
Cool. Right now I'm on the disabled list. Maybe closer to Halloween. So far you are the only reply, but I'll see if I can find a few more via the member listings.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online