North Face Lights Wiring

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I installed my north face lights last night but I ran out of time to run the wiring. My question is, should I run wires back from the running lights in the headlights up the B pillar or should I tap into the taillights? If I tap into the tail lights could I find the wires in the harness running back to the tail lights or would I have to run the wires all the way back to the tail light? And could I run a wire across the headliner from one to the other or do they need to be run separately? Or if anyone has any other suggestions I'm all ears.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Might be less work to add an add-a-fuse to the fuse block under the rear driver's side seat, tap into one of the existing parking light fuses, (don't have the numbers in front of me ATM) THEN run your wire(s) up the driver's side B pillar to the first light, and across the headliner to the passenger side. You could use the factory grounds in the B pillar if you don't want to make your own somewhere.

Reactions: Matt and djthumper

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
That seems like it may work pretty well. I'll look into that tonight.

Thank you

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Last night I ran the wiring from the driver's side headlight through the firewall, across the floor, and up the B pillar. From there I ran the other wiring in parallel across the headliner to the passenger side light. It scared me for a minute when I turned on my running lights and the roof lights didn't come on but I took a volt meter and tested the socket and I had 12 volts so I put in a new bulb and it worked great! Didn't take any pictures though because I only had one bulb and both were blown. Will post day and night pictures tonight. :2thumbsup:

Reactions: dna59 and Mooseman

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I tapped each of mine off of the respective front corner light in such a way that they work as turn signals during the day but steady-burn at night. :cool:
A waste of wire? Probably. Is it neat? You bet.
I considered doing something like that. It sounds awesome

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Absolutely loving the north face lights. They look so good and they really set it apart from other TB’s and I couldn’t be any happier with how they turned out. Thanks again to @Mooseman for finding them. :2thumbsup:

Attachments

• 16746D4B-C1D1-4CEB-AC86-1B2C0CC4E8B8.jpeg
    16746D4B-C1D1-4CEB-AC86-1B2C0CC4E8B8.jpeg
    321.2 KB · Views: 44

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You're welcome brother. :thumbsup:

Reactions: wstuckey1

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Local Kenny-U-Pull. There were two of these trucks and I grabbed the second set as well. Planning on putting them on eBay.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Very nice, you guys (to both those who installed, and those who procured...lol.)

One of these days, I'll put cab lights on the Sierra (as soon as I get brave enough to poke holes in my roof...) :yikes:

Reactions: Matt and wstuckey1

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
Very nice, you guys (to both those who installed, and those who procured...lol.)

One of these days, I'll put cab lights on the Sierra (as soon as I get brave enough to poke holes in my roof...) :yikes:
I know what you mean. It pained me terribly to drill the holes in my roof, but at the end of the day I painted it and there’s a grommet so I’m at ease with it.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
LOL...I'm more worried about getting the positioning crooked / uneven, than I would be about corrosion or water entry.

At least you knew where your two were going to sit...LMAO

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
I tapped each of mine off of the respective front corner light in such a way that they work as turn signals during the day but steady-burn at night. :cool:
A waste of wire? Probably. Is it neat? You bet.

Can we get a video of them in action? Pretty please!

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
LOL...I'm more worried about getting the positioning crooked / uneven, than I would be about corrosion or water entry.

At least you knew where your two were going to sit...LMAO
Good point, it barely mattered where I drilled because the lights can only sit in one place.

I love all my marker lights! View attachment 85699
Those look dope. I like the grill lights, kinda reminds me of the new raptor. :thumbsup:

how much you gonna sell them for ? PM me pls ?
Do you have an EXT? I hear that the lights are different between swb and ext trucks.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, they are different. Trust me, I checked :smile:

wstuckey1

Original poster
Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
totally different cap. The EXT's is much bigger.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Can we get a video of them in action? Pretty please!
Sure!

Would you mind explaining what's different? I've always wondered.
What Mooseman said.
The EXT ones are noticeably flat on the inner side with a large bezel, you're looking for p/n 601444. The SWB ones are rounded with a small bezel, they're p/n 601375.
1535230323263.pngIMG_20180121_165643513.png

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Sure!

What Mooseman said.
The EXT ones are noticeably flat on the inner side with a large bezel, you're looking for p/n 601444. The SWB ones are rounded with a small bezel, they're p/n 601375.
View attachment 85708View attachment 85709

That looks awesome. Thanks for the video. If and when I get my hands on some North Face lights that's what I plan to do 👍🏻

Let me know if you put them on eBay I’ll buy them!

I hope you're going for the EXT ones the SWB are MINE!!! 😂 😂

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The North Face option was only for a couple of years and was expensive, hence its rarity.

What I'm actually thinking of doing is find a set of SWB lights and, along with the EXT lights I have, find a manufacturer in China that can clone them.

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
The North Face option was only for a couple of years and was expensive, hence its rarity.

What I'm actually thinking of doing is find a set of SWB lights and, along with the EXT lights I have, find a manufacturer in China that can clone them.

Or 3D print them? DO IT!!!!! For science!!

It would be a great business opportunity judging by how many people are interested in them. 👍🏻

Reactions: Adamc0909

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
There is a set on ebay currently

FlyingFischer

Dec 4, 2011
Spokane, WA
Yep my bad. I was using my phone app at the time. Could have swore it said pair at the time and wasn't sure if it was SWB or EXT version.

My bad, haha

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Or 3D print them? DO IT!!!!! For science!!

It would be a great business opportunity judging by how many people are interested in them. 👍🏻
3D printing is good for proof of concepts on models of products, but not for making a lot of something. The plastic's used in those are brittle and usually the print is low-quality. These would need to be ABS plastic, something tough. And then you have the lense, that's another story.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
That is actually inaccurate statement. You can pay for a quality 3D printer and it will actually work fine. There are air craft parts that are manufactured right on the base for some fo the more advanced jets. If you spend closer to $1K for one it can do ABS and other plastics. YOu can even do up to 3 rolls of material.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online