No Transfer Case selection after 2003??

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So yesterday I was PID fishing with the Tech 2, seeking to possibly confirm that some of the PIDs I have for my 2002 are likely valid for later years. In going through the menu system I discovered that at least on my Tech 2 the selection of Transfer Case type appears only on the 2002 and 2003 model years and there is no ability to view Transfer Case data from 2004 onward.

I looked at both "S" and "T" selections where the TrailBlazer is an option. At least one or more of the "T" years offered a Transfer Case selection but it was labelled a "4 Button Selectable" like my 05 Yukon has.

Anyone else see this??

I expect anyone with an 04 or later can likely just use the 02 or 03 model year selection if they need to have a look at their Transfer Case operations but it just seems odd to leave it off the menu entirely.

NJTB

Aug 27, 2012
Flemington, NJ
Same thing happened to me, (04 TB) just used the 4 button selectable. Was looking for rear speed sensor output.
When I first got the Tech 2, couldn't find the transfer case information under S body, which I have, someone here said to try T body. That worked.
Yes, seems strange. Wish there was an owners manual for the Tech 2.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Wish there was an owners manual for the Tech 2.
There is and I had posted a training and other manuals here however, the link is dead. Because each vehicle is different and as the years went on, more and more PIDS and options were added, there is no one manual that can cover everything.

I'll have to update that other thread.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online