No crank
Will crank if jump the relay
No fuel pump
Will pump if hot wired
No injecter pulse
Will fire with fuel spray in intake
So missing 3 things
Crank. Fuel punp injecter signal
Replaced ecm and relearned paslock. Seems to be operating normal and no checkengine light
Any suggestions direction or tests would be helpful
I am a retired mech from old school area but know my way around meter and test light

Danhelperman

Original poster
May 19, 2020
Pella Ia
Yes i think i have watched all of these videos
I can force everything except injecters but not sure what connects all of them except ecm

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Have you downloaded schematics? Available in Moosemans signature...

There are wiring diagrams for the 2006 model year in there somewhere.

When you "force" things or jump them at the relay...does this mean you have power to the relay contact terminals but the relays are not energizing when they should normally? Or are you supplying power right from the battery? Or maybe you are supplying the ground to the relay coil where the PCM normally would supply the ground? You see there is a lot of detail that can make a difference here...

Danhelperman

Original poster
May 19, 2020
Pella Ia
Understood fuel pump does not prime with key cycle
Cranks if i jump two terminals of the starter relay
Fuel pump i jumped a direct 12 volts to the relay socket that is direct to fuel pump
Have not been able to acess schematics until now
Will look in the links you sent
I know i am missing something and am thankful for the help

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
If you have no power to the fuel pump relay socket (a guess on my part since you jumped straight from battery) look at PCM B fuse #10. That is where Fuel Pump power comes from to the fuel pump relay.

Danhelperman

Original poster
May 19, 2020
Pella Ia
Will do. When weather clears
Crasy rain right now
Pretty sure i checked all fuses
There is power at the relay batterry voltage but no 10 second burst or key on only power

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
This is a Good Video from Eric "O" at South Main Auto Diagnosing a Sketchy Ignition Switch in concert with his Tech 2 showing the layout of the Ignition Switch and the use of the Probe Light "Scope On A Rope" in searching out the Wiring any Ignition Switch Problems:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Sure but where you at with diagnostics?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Have you tried to diagnose the ignition switch? Checked ALL fuses? Not just pulling and looking at them but checking for power on both posts of each. A no power to fuel pump (no ground signal to relay) would indicate either power not getting to the PCM or a VATS problem but you said the security light is not staying on so that is ruled out.

Are you able to communicate with the PCM using a code scanner?

Reactions: mrrsm and TJBaker57

Danhelperman

Original poster
May 19, 2020
Pella Ia
Yes
Have you tried to diagnose the ignition switch? Checked ALL fuses? Not just pulling and looking at them but checking for power on both posts of each. A no power to fuel pump (no ground signal to relay) would indicate either power not getting to the PCM or a VATS problem but you said the security light is not staying on so that is ruled out.

Are you able to communicate with the PCM using a code scanner?

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
If I had tested the crank fuse for power in start position and still had no indications that the pcm was getting a crank signal I would seek to test for power at the PCM, C1-50 with key in start. Power to the fuse does not verify power all the way to the PCM.

Screenshot_20200615-091442.jpg

budwich

Jun 16, 2013
kanata
back up.... you indicate "no check engine light".... when you just turn your key to "ON/RUN", does the check engine light for as long as the key is on?

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
No only a few seconds

Eagle eye @budwich is onto something here. That engine light should remain on as long as the key is on and the engine is not running. Having that out suggests ignition switch or fuse 28 trouble. Power flow is thru ignition switch to fuse 28 then on to ignition coils, injectors, and PCM as well as a host of other things.

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So I just reread this thread and noticed this question hasn't been asked. Is this vehicle new to you or have you seen it run before? What history can you tell us of the truck and what led up to the current state?

Also noted you earlier said it fired on starting fluid (I'm assuming you then jumped the starter relay) and that would mean fuse 28 and related circuitry is OK as the coils are powered from the same circuit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonnnnyj

Members Online